    The Kid Guest

    What can you do if you discover a computer with IIS installed and TCP Ports
    25, 110, 53 open?

    The Kid, Apr 14, 2004

  2. The Kid

    Chad Mahoney Guest

    The Kid wrote:
    > What can you do if you discover a computer with IIS installed and TCP Ports
    > 25, 110, 53 open?

    send email ---- port 25
    dns query ---- port 53
    receive pop email --- port 110

    Why?

    Chad Mahoney, Apr 14, 2004

  3. The Kid

    Leythos Guest

    In article <eVdfc.14766$B%>, vegaj12
    @hotmail.com says...
    > What can you do if you discover a computer with IIS installed and TCP Ports
    > 25, 110, 53 open?

    You didn't tell us what environment the PC is in. In a lot of settings
    this might be quite normal, in a home it might be a problem.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Apr 14, 2004
  4. The Kid

    The Kid Guest

    is a windows 2000 manchine

    The Kid, Apr 14, 2004
  5. In article <eVdfc.14766$B%>, vegaj12
    @hotmail.com says...
    > What can you do if you discover a computer with IIS installed and TCP Ports
    > 25, 110, 53 open?

    what can I do? i'd call it a server.

    next?

    --