    creatively get into trouble. That's like 14 times as fast as my current
    connection. Just downloading some porn won't cut it, I need to do
    something that will get the attention of the press. Ideas?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 6, 2006

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    kenny Guest

    you can send a transaltantic optical cable all the way here.. Ill find a way
    to help you consume that bandwidth.. dont worry.... :)

    kenny, Jan 6, 2006

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Hi Roger - First I think I'd verify what you think you're seeing. FWIW,
    I've found this site to be particularly useful/accurate. It was orignially
    recommended to me by one of the Service Reps at my ISP (Adelphia). One of
    the things it points up is the dependency of these speed tests on the geo
    separation of you and the server (which is much more real world than most
    tests reveal.)

    http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

    --
    Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP/DTS/AH-VSOP
    My Blog, Defending Your Machine, here:

    Jim Byrd, Jan 6, 2006
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    mdp Guest

    Cool site. I've been using this one:

    http://www.giganews.com/test_connect.html

    mdp, Jan 6, 2006
  5. Jim Byrd wrote:
    > Hi Roger - First I think I'd verify what you think you're seeing. FWIW,
    > I've found this site to be particularly useful/accurate. It was orignially
    > recommended to me by one of the Service Reps at my ISP (Adelphia). One of
    > the things it points up is the dependency of these speed tests on the geo
    > separation of you and the server (which is much more real world than most
    > tests reveal.)
    >
    > http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

    Thanks Jim, but "think what I'm seeing?". You're actually implying that
    I may be hallucinating? Me?? Well, after giving that due consideration,
    I'll just say that the speed test was the giganews speed test, which has
    been pretty reliable in the past, and that I was not drinking, smoking,
    or shooting anything. Okay, maybe a little drinking, but not that much.
    Okay, maybe a little shooting, but not enough to ... okay, maybe a
    little smoking, shooting, drinking, and a little popping, but not much.
    It was still 22 Mbs. Scout's honor.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 6, 2006
  6. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Just downloading some porn won't cut it, I need to do something that will
    > get the attention of the press. Ideas?

    alt.binaries.multimedia.*

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jan 6, 2006
  7. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Hi Roger - I don't doubt your reportage - just wanted to see if it was
    verifiable by a different source. (Trust but Verify) Did you try the
    Speakeasy tests or other sources, and if so, what happened there. Such data
    is helpful in trying to isolate the proximate cause(s) of what you're
    seening on giganews (which I hasten to add is normally both realistic and
    fairly accurate), particularly if they differ significantly.

    Jim Byrd, Jan 6, 2006