    samples from a supplier but have no cameras to go with them. Anyway to
    quickly figure out what cameras take this memory chip?

    SG Brix
    sgbrix, Dec 14, 2006

  2. sgbrix wrote:
    > I received a box of 1 GB Secure Digital SD Memory Cards (no brand name)
    > samples from a supplier but have no cameras to go with them. Anyway to
    > quickly figure out what cameras take this memory chip?

    Let me see if I can be as accurate as possible..... A WHOLE $HIT LOAD
    TAKE THEM!!! Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)
    Michael Johnson, PE, Dec 14, 2006

  3. >I received a box of 1 GB Secure Digital SD Memory Cards (no brand name)
    > samples from a supplier but have no cameras to go with them. Anyway to
    > quickly figure out what cameras take this memory chip?

    1 gig SD cards are so cheap these days it probably doesn't make sense to try
    and find a camera (or cameras) to use them. Unless you have need for a whole
    lot of cameras for some reason!

    Seriously, these days memory cards are *so* cheap that they're rarely going
    to be the deciding factor in which camera someone chooses.

    But if you want to figure out what's going to take SD, check out the reviews
    & specs on dpreview.com.

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    www.ChainReactionBicycles.com
    Mike Jacoubowsky, Dec 14, 2006
  4. sgbrix

    Mark² Guest

    sgbrix wrote:
    > I received a box of 1 GB Secure Digital SD Memory Cards (no brand
    > name) samples from a supplier but have no cameras to go with them.
    > Anyway to quickly figure out what cameras take this memory chip?
    >
    > SG Brix

    You might have more trouble finding cameras that don't take them.
    Ever hear of Google? Amazon, even?? dpreview.com? -Or a simple bit of
    "industriousness?"

    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Dec 14, 2006
  5. sgbrix

    Ron Hunter Guest

    sgbrix wrote:
    > I received a box of 1 GB Secure Digital SD Memory Cards (no brand name)
    > samples from a supplier but have no cameras to go with them. Anyway to
    > quickly figure out what cameras take this memory chip?
    >
    > SG Brix

    Look at any model of any brand, and it will list the flash media. I
    believe SD is the currently most popular storage medium.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 14, 2006
  6. sgbrix

    Skip Guest

    Skip, Dec 14, 2006
  7. sgbrix

    Matt Ion Guest

    sgbrix wrote:
    > I received a box of 1 GB Secure Digital SD Memory Cards (no brand name)
    > samples from a supplier but have no cameras to go with them. Anyway to
    > quickly figure out what cameras take this memory chip?

    In addition to what everyone else has said, you can use them in any camera that
    takes CF-II cards as well, using something like this:
    http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/eagletec_sd_to_cf_ii_card_adapter_review

    They're all over eBay for around $15-$20. See
    http://tinyurl.com/yl732m
    Matt Ion, Dec 14, 2006
  8. sgbrix

    sgbrix Guest

    Great site, thanks, we went for the A620 because the resolution and
    their price is still under $50 giving us the option to come in under
    $100 for wholesale orders.

    sgbrix, Dec 19, 2006