    digital cameras (i.e. with the Canon G5).

    Do such kits or components exist? Any info (brands, models #s) would
    be appreciated.

    spectator, Aug 21, 2007

  2. spectator

    just bob Guest

    Newer Canon DSLR models with Live View, like the 1D Mark III and coming
    soon the 40D and the 1Ds Mark III, will let frame and focus when connected
    to a computer with a USB cable.. I'm sure there are others but those of the
    ones I know.

    -Bob

    just bob, Aug 21, 2007

  3. spectator

    Guest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Is this a tricky one or a simple one?
    > Don't want to carry a ladder. But would like to make shots from
    > elevated positions.
    > I would like to mount an image stabilized digital camera on a monopod
    > (or pole) run an umbilical to an eye-level monitor and trigger the
    > shot that looks right with the IR transmitter that ships with many
    > digital cameras (i.e. with the Canon G5).

    Google "pole aerial photography" -- there are many options available for
    this these days, it's used a lot for real estate photography. Poles
    range from basic hand-held units to trailer-mounted winch-up masts 100
    feet tall.

    With some cameras you can run live preview on a laptop and control all
    the camera's functions. Others use external remote control devices,
    separate monitors, etc.

    Myself, I still use an ancient Prinz radio remote that screws into the
    mechanical cable release socket. Works just as well on my IS-1 as it
    did my OM-1.

    --
    is Joshua Putnam
    <http://www.phred.org/~josh/>