    There's a rebate campaign for this month and looks worthy, what's your
    opinion?

    Thanks for your help

    JVCarver, Mar 11, 2005

  2. JVCarver

    Darrell Guest

    "JVCarver" <> wrote in message
    news:d0s09u$hpo$-data.net...
    > Hi everybody:
    >
    > I've found no model starting at 28mm, why's that?
    > Is 5400 an obsolete camera?
    > There's a rebate campaign for this month and looks worthy, what's your
    > opinion?
    >
    > Thanks for your help

    The Coolpix 8400 starts at the equivalent of 24mm

    Darrell, Mar 11, 2005

  3. On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:44:25 +0100, "JVCarver"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi everybody:
    >
    >I've found no model starting at 28mm, why's that?
    >Is 5400 an obsolete camera?
    >There's a rebate campaign for this month and looks worthy, what's your
    >opinion?

    I bought one for about $240 after the rebate. It's a steal at that
    price and a very good camera even at the full price.

    Oliver Costich, Mar 12, 2005
  4. JVCarver

    Clyde Torres Guest

    "Oliver Costich" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:44:25 +0100, "JVCarver"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi everybody:
    >>
    >>I've found no model starting at 28mm, why's that?
    >>Is 5400 an obsolete camera?
    >>There's a rebate campaign for this month and looks worthy, what's your
    >>opinion?

    > I bought one for about $240 after the rebate. It's a steal at that
    > price and a very good camera even at the full price.
    >

    >>Thanks for your help

    I disagree. I think the 5400 is a very mediocre camera. We have two of
    them at work, and they suk compared to the cameras that I have. Of course,
    I have dSLRs. I guess the problem is that once you go with a good dSLR,
    you'll never go back.

    Clyde

    Clyde Torres, Mar 12, 2005
  5. On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:26:06 GMT, "Clyde Torres"
    <> wrote:

    >"Oliver Costich" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:44:25 +0100, "JVCarver"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi everybody:
    >>>
    >>>I've found no model starting at 28mm, why's that?
    >>>Is 5400 an obsolete camera?
    >>>There's a rebate campaign for this month and looks worthy, what's your
    >>>opinion?

    >> I bought one for about $240 after the rebate. It's a steal at that
    >> price and a very good camera even at the full price.
    >>

    >>>Thanks for your help

    >I disagree. I think the 5400 is a very mediocre camera. We have two of
    >them at work, and they suk compared to the cameras that I have. Of course,
    >I have dSLRs. I guess the problem is that once you go with a good dSLR,
    >you'll never go back.
    >
    >Clyde

    The 5400 is a fabulous camera compared to the Fiji throwaways :)

    The 5400 is very good for what it is, as all the review web sites
    attest, especially at under $250 with the rebate. Show me anything
    else that good for that money.

    But it's not up to my D70.

    Oliver Costich, Mar 12, 2005
  6. JVCarver

    >>I disagree. I think the 5400 is a very mediocre camera. We have two of
    >>them at work, and they suk compared to the cameras that I have. Of
    >>course,
    >>I have dSLRs. I guess the problem is that once you go with a good dSLR,
    >>you'll never go back.
    >>
    >>Clyde
    >>

    > The 5400 is a fabulous camera compared to the Fiji throwaways :)
    >
    > The 5400 is very good for what it is, as all the review web sites
    > attest, especially at under $250 with the rebate. Show me anything
    > else that good for that money.
    >
    > But it's not up to my D70.

    Well, I agree that for $250, it's pretty good. I just get tired of using
    the ones at work, because the end results are mediocre compared to my
    equipment. I have a D70 and a 20D, and it simply doesn't compare. For
    someone who doesn't have the money to spend on good dSLRs, it's okay.

    Clyde Torres

    Clyde Torres, Mar 12, 2005