    of overlap. Also, what chance do i have of passing the exams by just
    reading all recommended books?

    Jack

    Jack Morgan, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Jack Morgan

    Anonymous Guest

    My suggestion would be to strictly buy books suggested by
    Microsoft. MS Press has a book specific to certification
    you try and a specific courseware. More over good work
    experience is more than enough for the exams.

    Best of luck for your exams.

    c#.net (introductory
    >book). Where should I go from here? The books on MS's

    site have quite alot

    Anonymous, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Are you trying to sabotage this guy?

    The MSPress books suck. Go with Amit Kalani's books, published by Que.
    They're all you need for 70-315, 70-316 and 70-320. This I know from
    experience.

    General Protection Fault, Nov 17, 2003
  4. Jack Morgan

    Blue Energy Guest

    I would recommend Microsoft's Self-Paced training kit for
    MCSD. It is a great start with all the core exams
    include. I used this kit to study for my MCSD.NET exams,
    along with the Transcender practice exams and was able to
    pass them all on the first try.

    ISBN: 0-7356-1925-5
    http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/6716.asp

    Eric Michel
    MCP, MCAD, MCSD
    Website: http://www.ericmichel.com
    eMail:

    Blue Energy, Nov 18, 2003
  5. Jack Morgan

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >The MSPress books suck.

    I second that.

    Kline Sphere, Nov 18, 2003
  6. Jack Morgan

    Kline Sphere Guest

    > I used this kit to study for my MCSD.NET exams,
    >along with the Transcender practice exams and was able to
    >pass them all on the first try.

    The books suck.

    You passed the exam because you already knew the topics, if not the
    questions must have been remarkably those covered by Transcender.

    Kline Sphere, Nov 18, 2003
  7. Jack Morgan

    Charlie Guest

    Hi Eric,

    I have the set and am ready to start reading them.

    It looks to me like I should start with the Developing Windows-Based
    Applications (70-306/70-316)
    I am assuming that the 70-300 stuff would incorporate info from the other
    books. Is this true or are they independent of each other?

    I am also cranking through Brian Siler & Jeff Spotts book, Using Visual
    Basic.NET
    ISBN: 0-7897-2572-X $39.99 USD, and it is great for learning VB.NET & Visual
    Studio.NET.
    Take this recommendation with the caveat that I've been coding in Visual C++
    for several years,
    and have experience with Visual Studio V6.0

    Charlie, Nov 18, 2003
  8. Jack Morgan

    Guest Guest

    Check the user ratings for the books on Amazon.com

    Guest, Nov 23, 2003