    by dvd to my computer to see and listen a film without problems. But
    sometimes I noticed that some films downloated on my computer didn't
    have audio >:-/. Why?
    stefjnoskynov, Dec 25, 2004

  2. stefjnoskynov

    luminos Guest

    TS stands for 'title set' and is part of dvd structure. The Video_TS folder
    contains all of the files, correctly identified by informaton (ifo) and
    their backups (bup) files, necessary for a DVD to play.

    Audio_TS was mainly designed for DVD Audio. However, even an empty folder
    of Audio_TS is required by some players for the disc to be recognized it as
    DVD.

    luminos, Dec 26, 2004

  3. In article <>, says...
    > TS stands for 'title set' and is part of dvd structure. The Video_TS folder
    > contains all of the files, correctly identified by informaton (ifo) and
    > their backups (bup) files, necessary for a DVD to play.
    >
    > Audio_TS was mainly designed for DVD Audio. However, even an empty folder
    > of Audio_TS is required by some players for the disc to be recognized it as
    > DVD.

    So if I want to record a film into another dvd I have to select .bup and
    ..vob files, insert them into video_TS and after create (or copy) a
    folder named audio_TS

    stefjnoskynov, Dec 26, 2004
  4. stefjnoskynov

    JF Sebastian Guest

    > So if I want to record a film into another dvd I have to select .bup and
    > .vob files, insert them into video_TS and after create (or copy) a
    > folder named audio_TS

    No, there's a bit more magic involved. What you see in your filesystem
    explorer is just some kind of view onto what's on the DVD. To get
    everything working correctly, the contents of these files need to be
    arranged in a certain way on the disc.

    Get a DVD copy tool, there are many available, both commercial (DAVideo)
    and free (DVDDecrypter).
    JF Sebastian, Dec 26, 2004
  5. stefjnoskynov

    luminos Guest

    "JF Sebastian" <> wrote in message
    >> So if I want to record a film into another dvd I have to select .bup and
    >> .vob files, insert them into video_TS and after create (or copy) a folder
    >> named audio_TS

    > No, there's a bit more magic involved. What you see in your filesystem
    > explorer is just some kind of view onto what's on the DVD. To get
    > everything working correctly, the contents of these files need to be
    > arranged in a certain way on the disc.
    >
    > Get a DVD copy tool, there are many available, both commercial (DAVideo)
    > and free (DVDDecrypter).

    Nero has special functions just for this purpose.
    luminos, Dec 26, 2004
  6. stefjnoskynov

    Kevin M. Guest

    luminos wrote:
    > "JF Sebastian" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>>So if I want to record a film into another dvd I have to select .bup and
    >>>.vob files, insert them into video_TS and after create (or copy) a folder
    >>>named audio_TS

    >>No, there's a bit more magic involved. What you see in your filesystem
    >>explorer is just some kind of view onto what's on the DVD. To get
    >>everything working correctly, the contents of these files need to be
    >>arranged in a certain way on the disc.
    >>
    >>Get a DVD copy tool, there are many available, both commercial (DAVideo)
    >>and free (DVDDecrypter).

    > Nero has special functions just for this purpose.

    How can I get those functions to work? When I tried to backup a DVD with
    Nero, it told me that the DVD was protected.
    Kevin M., Dec 31, 2004