    I have all the usual spyware software, Ad-aware, spybotS&D, HijackThis,
    CWShredder etc. Are these entries used for one of those programs? Any
    clues?
    Platypus_Bill, Jun 16, 2004

  2. Platypus_Bill

    °Mike° Guest

    They are entries for your different zones. Restricted
    Sites must have the value of 4.

    0 = My Computer
    1 = Local Intranet
    2 = Trusted Sites
    3 = Internet
    4 = Restricted Sites

    On 16 Jun 2004 22:07:32 GMT, in
    <Xns950AEB3A3A3F6neymartin@130.133.1.4>
    Platypus_Bill scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jun 16, 2004

  3. °Mike° <> wrote in news:40efc5d7.18343062
    @localhost.dot.net:

    > They are entries for your different zones. Restricted
    > Sites must have the value of 4.
    >
    > 0 = My Computer
    > 1 = Local Intranet
    > 2 = Trusted Sites
    > 3 = Internet
    > 4 = Restricted Sites

    Thanks °Mike°, they do indeed all seem have a value of 4, thats all to
    the good then. Any idea what program put them there?
    Platypus_Bill, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Platypus_Bill

    °Mike° Guest

    On 16 Jun 2004 22:22:10 GMT, in
    <Xns950AEDB52F8Eneymartin@130.133.1.4>
    Platypus_Bill scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> wrote in news:40efc5d7.18343062
    >@localhost.dot.net:
    >
    >> They are entries for your different zones. Restricted
    >> Sites must have the value of 4.
    >>
    >> 0 = My Computer
    >> 1 = Local Intranet
    >> 2 = Trusted Sites
    >> 3 = Internet
    >> 4 = Restricted Sites
    >>

    >Thanks °Mike°, they do indeed all seem have a value of 4, thats all to
    >the good then. Any idea what program put them there?

    SpyBot S&D does, and so does SpywareBlaster,
    amongst others.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jun 16, 2004
  5. °Mike° <> wrote in news:40f0c876.19014437
    @localhost.dot.net:

    > On 16 Jun 2004 22:22:10 GMT, in
    > <Xns950AEDB52F8Eneymartin@130.133.1.4>
    > Platypus_Bill scrawled:
    >
    >>°Mike° <> wrote in news:40efc5d7.18343062
    >>@localhost.dot.net:
    >>
    >>> They are entries for your different zones. Restricted
    >>> Sites must have the value of 4.
    >>>
    >>> 0 = My Computer
    >>> 1 = Local Intranet
    >>> 2 = Trusted Sites
    >>> 3 = Internet
    >>> 4 = Restricted Sites
    >>>

    >>Thanks °Mike°, they do indeed all seem have a value of 4, thats all to
    >>the good then. Any idea what program put them there?

    > SpyBot S&D does, and so does SpywareBlaster,
    > amongst others.

    Thanks for the info °Mike°, my curiosity is sated ;)
    Platypus_Bill, Jun 16, 2004
  6. Platypus_Bill

    °Mike° Guest

    On 16 Jun 2004 22:31:11 GMT, in
    <Xns950AEF3CC8DBDneymartin@130.133.1.4>
    Platypus_Bill scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> wrote in news:40f0c876.19014437
    >@localhost.dot.net:
    >
    >> On 16 Jun 2004 22:22:10 GMT, in
    >> <Xns950AEDB52F8Eneymartin@130.133.1.4>
    >> Platypus_Bill scrawled:
    >>
    >>>°Mike° <> wrote in news:40efc5d7.18343062
    >>>@localhost.dot.net:

    >>>Thanks °Mike°, they do indeed all seem have a value of 4, thats all to
    >>>the good then. Any idea what program put them there?

    >> SpyBot S&D does, and so does SpywareBlaster,
    >> amongst others.
    >>

    >Thanks for the info °Mike°, my curiosity is sated ;)

    You're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jun 16, 2004
  7. Platypus_Bill

    Richard Guest

    "Platypus_Bill" <> wrote in message

    > XP Pro
    >
    > HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1659000000-152049171-854245398-1003\Software
    > \Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains
    >
    > Under the ^above^ I have _many_ hundreds of domain names listed, all of
    > which look like porn/junk sites.
    >
    > e.g. 69teenage.com
    > adulterotica4free.com
    > coolwebsearch.*
    > copyporn.com

    You could probably delete the entries without any ill effects.
    As they sure as hell didn't come with windows.
    That second key is not a windows entry.
    I looked at my registry and did not find such a key, so you can delete it if
    you want.
    Richard, Jun 17, 2004
  8. Platypus_Bill

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:12:12 -0500, in
    <>
    Richard scrawled:

    >"Platypus_Bill" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> XP Pro
    >>
    >> HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1659000000-152049171-854245398-1003\Software
    >> \Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains
    >>
    >> Under the ^above^ I have _many_ hundreds of domain names listed, all of
    >> which look like porn/junk sites.
    >>
    >> e.g. 69teenage.com
    >> adulterotica4free.com
    >> coolwebsearch.*
    >> copyporn.com

    >You could probably delete the entries without any ill effects.

    Here he goes again....

    >As they sure as hell didn't come with windows.
    >That second key is not a windows entry.

    There IS no second key, dummy.

    >I looked at my registry and did not find such a key, so you can delete it if
    >you want.

    What has YOUR registry got to do with anybody else's
    registry, moron? And, for crying out loud, quit telling
    people to delete stuff from the registry that you know
    NOTHING about.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jun 17, 2004
  9. Platypus_Bill

    Bullet Guest

    Dont know that much, however I have similar site on mine. I deleted the
    entries and what it did was remove the protection against them from out of
    spybot. I had to go through spybot and recheck them to give me protection
    against them again. I didnt go on these sites either thats what I couldnt
    understand. Didnt realsie spybot saved them in the registry like that.

    --
    Bullet

    Put the BIN out before replying

    ICQ me on 258728226