    In my add/remove list I have a list of programs all called Windows XP
    hotfix (sp2) Q -----(a number).
    What are they, and are they safe to remove please.

    miklol, Jan 7, 2004

  2. miklol

    lsj7 Guest

    miklol wrote:
    > In my add/remove list I have a list of programs all called Windows
    > XP hotfix (sp2) Q -----(a number).
    > What are they, and are they safe to remove please.

    Updates.

    --
    lsj7

    lsj7, Jan 7, 2004

  3. miklol

    Brian H¹© Guest

    miklol said:

    > In my add/remove list I have a list of programs all called Windows XP
    > hotfix (sp2) Q -----(a number).
    > What are they, and are they safe to remove please.

    Windows Updates, you could remove them if you like, but then you won't be able
    to "uninstall" them.

    Brian H¹©, Jan 7, 2004
  4. miklol

    tim Guest

    "miklol" <> wrote in message
    > In my add/remove list I have a list of programs all called Windows XP
    > hotfix (sp2) Q -----(a number).
    > What are they, and are they safe to remove please.

    Those are your windows updates. Either you downloaded and installed them or
    you have slected windows to automatically download and install them.

    tim, Jan 7, 2004
  5. miklol

    Gee Guest

    "lsj7" <> wrote in message
    > miklol wrote:
    > > In my add/remove list I have a list of programs all called Windows
    > > XP hotfix (sp2) Q -----(a number).
    > > What are they, and are they safe to remove please.

    > Updates.

    They are Windows updates generaly made to create some small problem in
    Windows by Microsoft. You will probably find many Hotfixes and updates on
    your system. Leave them alone.

    Gee

    Gee, Jan 7, 2004
  6. miklol wrote:
    > In my add/remove list I have a list of programs all called Windows XP
    > hotfix (sp2) Q -----(a number).
    > What are they, and are they safe to remove please.

    (Blink) Uhhh... In a word, "No!" The term "HotFix" is a tip-off.. these
    are "patches" MS created to "secure" your computer.

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Jan 8, 2004