    something about needing a plugin. When I click on it, it says "no
    plugin available". I have flash player, so what is this thing?

    , Dec 11, 2004

  2. KeithS Guest

    1. Advertising

  3. Guest

    On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 11:16:18 +0000, KeithS <>
    wrote:

    >http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/
    >and
    >http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html
    >
    >HTH
    >KeithS

    This dont help at all, other than listing what plugins are available.
    I still have no clue what plugin it wants.
    I only know that it is not Adobe PDF reader or Flash, because those
    both are installed and work.

    , Dec 11, 2004
  4. wrote:
    > On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 11:16:18 +0000, KeithS <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/
    >>and
    >>http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html
    >>
    >>HTH
    >>KeithS

    > This dont help at all, other than listing what plugins are available.
    > I still have no clue what plugin it wants.
    > I only know that it is not Adobe PDF reader or Flash, because those
    > both are installed and work.

    Post the page that is generating the plugin request. Maybe we can
    figure out what it is looking for by seeing what is on the page.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 12, 2004
  5. Hermit Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Every so often I get to a webpage and there is a box with a green
    > thingie in it that looks like a piece of a puzzle. It always says
    > something about needing a plugin. When I click on it, it says "no
    > plugin available". I have flash player, so what is this thing?

    It needs a Java plugin.

    Hermit, Dec 12, 2004
  6. Watchman Guest

    wrote:

    > Every so often I get to a webpage and there is a box with a green
    > thingie in it that looks like a piece of a puzzle. It always says
    > something about needing a plugin. When I click on it, it says "no
    > plugin available". I have flash player, so what is this thing?

    I've have a similar problem with a Quicktime plugin. It sends me to the
    Quicktime home page but there's no plugin.

    Watchman :)
    --
    'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

    Watchman, Dec 13, 2004
  7. Watchman wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Every so often I get to a webpage and there is a box with a green
    >>thingie in it that looks like a piece of a puzzle. It always says
    >>something about needing a plugin. When I click on it, it says "no
    >>plugin available". I have flash player, so what is this thing?

    > I've have a similar problem with a Quicktime plugin. It sends me to the
    > Quicktime home page but there's no plugin.
    >
    > Watchman :)

    Well, you do have to download and install the QT program before a plugin
    is installed.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 13, 2004
  8. Arne Guest

    Once upon a time ** wrote:
    > Every so often I get to a webpage and there is a box with a green
    > thingie in it that looks like a piece of a puzzle. It always says
    > something about needing a plugin. When I click on it, it says "no
    > plugin available". I have flash player, so what is this thing?

    From what I know, there is a consol for background music in midi format
    (*.mid) and everytime my Quick Time Player launch even if it can't play
    those files. There is nop option in QT to set it as default for midi files!

    I have midi files on my harddisc and I can play them with my default
    player Winamp but I can't ever play any midi files I found on web pages,
    not even if they are supposed to play after clicking on a normal text
    link. Winamp can't launch even then, because QT does. Damn QT! Do I have
    to uninstall it? :(

    --
    /Arne

    The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything and the
    young know everything. (Oscar Wilde)

    Arne, Dec 13, 2004
  9. Bob Guest

    Arne wrote:
    > Once upon a time ** wrote:
    >
    >>Every so often I get to a webpage and there is a box with a green
    >>thingie in it that looks like a piece of a puzzle. It always says
    >>something about needing a plugin. When I click on it, it says "no
    >>plugin available". I have flash player, so what is this thing?

    > From what I know, there is a consol for background music in midi format
    > (*.mid) and everytime my Quick Time Player launch even if it can't play
    > those files. There is nop option in QT to set it as default for midi files!

    Open QT go Edit > Preferences > QT Preferences select MIME settings and
    tick the 'Audio - Audio only file formats'. Worked for me yesterday when
    I was getting annoyed by lack of music on Yahoo greetings cards!

    --
    Bob

    Bob, Dec 13, 2004
  10. Watchman Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Watchman wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>Every so often I get to a webpage and there is a box with a green
    > >>thingie in it that looks like a piece of a puzzle. It always says
    > >>something about needing a plugin. When I click on it, it says "no
    > >>plugin available". I have flash player, so what is this thing?

    > > I've have a similar problem with a Quicktime plugin. It sends me to the
    > > Quicktime home page but there's no plugin.
    > >
    > > Watchman :)

    > Well, you do have to download and install the QT program before a plugin
    > is installed.

    Already have it. And it still does the same thing.

    Watchman :)
    --
    'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

    Watchman, Dec 14, 2004
  11. Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Bob* wrote:
    > Arne wrote:
    >> Once upon a time ** wrote:
    >>
    >>>Every so often I get to a webpage and there is a box with a green
    >>>thingie in it that looks like a piece of a puzzle. It always says
    >>>something about needing a plugin. When I click on it, it says "no
    >>>plugin available". I have flash player, so what is this thing?

    >> From what I know, there is a consol for background music in midi format
    >> (*.mid) and everytime my Quick Time Player launch even if it can't play
    >> those files. There is nop option in QT to set it as default for midi files!
    >>

    > Open QT go Edit > Preferences > QT Preferences select MIME settings and
    > tick the 'Audio - Audio only file formats'. Worked for me yesterday when
    > I was getting annoyed by lack of music on Yahoo greetings cards!

    Tried that, without any luck :(

    --
    /Arne
    http://web.telia.com/~u97802964/

    Arne, Dec 14, 2004
  12. Guest

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 04:05:28 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 11:16:18 +0000, KeithS <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/
    >>>and
    >>>http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html
    >>>
    >>>HTH
    >>>KeithS

    >> This dont help at all, other than listing what plugins are available.
    >> I still have no clue what plugin it wants.
    >> I only know that it is not Adobe PDF reader or Flash, because those
    >> both are installed and work.

    >Post the page that is generating the plugin request. Maybe we can
    >figure out what it is looking for by seeing what is on the page.
    >
    >Lee

    OK, here is one of the pages
    http://kvoa.com/Global/category.asp?C=40642&nav=HMO5

    Look directly below the words "Community Calendar"
    I see a blank white box with that goofy green puzzle looking thing in
    it.

    I also get a bar on the top of my page that says:
    "Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this
    page" There is then a box that says "install missing plugins"
    Clicking on it returns a message that says "No suitable plugins were
    found".

    , Dec 16, 2004
  13. Moz Champion Guest

    wrote:

    > On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 04:05:28 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> wrote:

    >>>This dont help at all, other than listing what plugins are available.
    >>>I still have no clue what plugin it wants.
    >>>I only know that it is not Adobe PDF reader or Flash, because those
    >>>both are installed and work.

    >>Post the page that is generating the plugin request. Maybe we can
    >>figure out what it is looking for by seeing what is on the page.
    >>
    >>Lee

    > OK, here is one of the pages
    > http://kvoa.com/Global/category.asp?C=40642&nav=HMO5
    >
    > Look directly below the words "Community Calendar"
    > I see a blank white box with that goofy green puzzle looking thing in
    > it.
    >
    > I also get a bar on the top of my page that says:
    > "Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this
    > page" There is then a box that says "install missing plugins"
    > Clicking on it returns a message that says "No suitable plugins were
    > found".

    Because its not a plug in thats required, its javascript!

    Turn on Javascript!

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Dec 16, 2004
  14. wrote:
    > On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 04:05:28 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> wrote:

    >>>This dont help at all, other than listing what plugins are available.
    >>>I still have no clue what plugin it wants.
    >>>I only know that it is not Adobe PDF reader or Flash, because those
    >>>both are installed and work.

    >>Post the page that is generating the plugin request. Maybe we can
    >>figure out what it is looking for by seeing what is on the page.
    >>
    >>Lee

    > OK, here is one of the pages
    > http://kvoa.com/Global/category.asp?C=40642&nav=HMO5
    >
    > Look directly below the words "Community Calendar"
    > I see a blank white box with that goofy green puzzle looking thing in
    > it.
    >
    > I also get a bar on the top of my page that says:
    > "Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this
    > page" There is then a box that says "install missing plugins"
    > Clicking on it returns a message that says "No suitable plugins were
    > found".

    The calendar scroller is a java applet, so you need java:

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp

    Download and install J2SE 5.0 JRE

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 16, 2004
  15. wrote:
    > On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 04:05:28 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> wrote:

    >>>This dont help at all, other than listing what plugins are available.
    >>>I still have no clue what plugin it wants.
    >>>I only know that it is not Adobe PDF reader or Flash, because those
    >>>both are installed and work.

    >>Post the page that is generating the plugin request. Maybe we can
    >>figure out what it is looking for by seeing what is on the page.
    >>
    >>Lee

    > OK, here is one of the pages
    > http://kvoa.com/Global/category.asp?C=40642&nav=HMO5
    >
    > Look directly below the words "Community Calendar"
    > I see a blank white box with that goofy green puzzle looking thing in
    > it.
    >
    > I also get a bar on the top of my page that says:
    > "Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this
    > page" There is then a box that says "install missing plugins"
    > Clicking on it returns a message that says "No suitable plugins were
    > found".

    The page opened perfectly for me, the only message that I got at the top
    was that Firefox had prevented a popup window. I was then given the
    option of not getting these messages again, which I selected.

    I remember on the first day that I used Ver1 that I got a message to
    install a missing plugin. The plugin is j2re-1_4_2_05-windows-i586.xpi.
    I think that it is a Java plug in but I am not sure. Check
    Tools\Extensions and see if you have it. Other than that I have no idea
    why I can see the page perfectly and you can't.

    --
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

    graeme@invalid, Dec 16, 2004
  16. graeme@invalid wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 04:05:28 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Post the page that is generating the plugin request. Maybe we can
    >>> figure out what it is looking for by seeing what is on the page.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> OK, here is one of the pages
    >> http://kvoa.com/Global/category.asp?C=40642&nav=HMO5
    >>
    >> Look directly below the words "Community Calendar"
    >> I see a blank white box with that goofy green puzzle looking thing in
    >> it.
    >>
    >> I also get a bar on the top of my page that says:
    >> "Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this
    >> page" There is then a box that says "install missing plugins"
    >> Clicking on it returns a message that says "No suitable plugins were
    >> found".
    >>

    > The page opened perfectly for me, the only message that I got at the top
    > was that Firefox had prevented a popup window. I was then given the
    > option of not getting these messages again, which I selected.
    >
    > I remember on the first day that I used Ver1 that I got a message to
    > install a missing plugin. The plugin is j2re-1_4_2_05-windows-i586.xpi.
    > I think that it is a Java plug in but I am not sure. Check
    > Tools\Extensions and see if you have it. Other than that I have no idea
    > why I can see the page perfectly and you can't.

    See my reply from yesterday.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 16, 2004
  17. Guest

    On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 03:05:35 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    >The calendar scroller is a java applet, so you need java:
    >
    >http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp
    >
    >Download and install J2SE 5.0 JRE
    >
    >Lee

    Thanks to everyone. I DO have java script turned on, and so is Java.
    I thought java was installed by IE. Does Firefox need a separate or
    different version? However, I might have deleted the one for IE when
    I deleted IE. Is there a way to find out if it is installed om my
    computer? I'd hate to install two versions nad make a rel mess of
    things.

    , Dec 17, 2004
  18. wrote:
    > On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 03:05:35 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>The calendar scroller is a java applet, so you need java:
    >>
    >>http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp
    >>
    >>Download and install J2SE 5.0 JRE
    >>
    >>Lee

    > Thanks to everyone. I DO have java script turned on, and so is Java.
    > I thought java was installed by IE. Does Firefox need a separate or
    > different version? However, I might have deleted the one for IE when
    > I deleted IE. Is there a way to find out if it is installed om my
    > computer? I'd hate to install two versions nad make a rel mess of
    > things.

    Look in Control Panel. If you have Sun Java installed, there will be an
    icon there for it.

    The old Microsoft Virtual Machine will not run at all inf Firefox. If
    that is the only java on your machine, you essentially don't have Java

    If there is no Java icon in Control Panel, look at the link I provided
    and download the latest JRE from Sun.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 17, 2004
  19. Watchman Guest

    wrote:

    > Every so often I get to a webpage and there is a box with a green
    > thingie in it that looks like a piece of a puzzle. It always says
    > something about needing a plugin. When I click on it, it says "no
    > plugin available". I have flash player, so what is this thing?

    Check your version of Firefox. I found upgrading to version 1.0, as well
    as upgrading the java plugin, has meant not finding those puzzle pieces.

    Watchman :)
    --
    'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

    Watchman, Dec 20, 2004
  20. GFRfan Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 04:05:28 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Post the page that is generating the plugin request. Maybe we can
    >>> figure out what it is looking for by seeing what is on the page.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> OK, here is one of the pages
    >> http://kvoa.com/Global/category.asp?C=40642&nav=HMO5
    >>
    >> Look directly below the words "Community Calendar"
    >> I see a blank white box with that goofy green puzzle looking thing in
    >> it.
    >>
    >> I also get a bar on the top of my page that says:
    >> "Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this
    >> page" There is then a box that says "install missing plugins"
    >> Clicking on it returns a message that says "No suitable plugins were
    >> found".
    >>

    > The calendar scroller is a java applet, so you need java:
    >
    > http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp
    >
    > Download and install J2SE 5.0 JRE
    >
    > Lee

    Win XP Home SP2 Mozilla 1.7
    I'm not having any problems but as I came across this thread, I checked
    my Java in control panel and it is Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment,
    Standard Edition, 1.4.1_07. When I check for updates on the panel, it
    says "Congratulations!
    You already have the most up-to-date version of the Java(TM) platform."
    Is there any reason to update to the J2SE 5.0 JRE? Isn't Java script
    through the same version as the Java plug in?

    GFRfan, Dec 25, 2004