What are the ftp server settings for ihug?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Damos, May 14, 2008.

  1. Damos

    Damos Guest

    Dear All,

    Trying to restablish my homepage but have lost the ftp server settings
    ie the remote directory etc.....

    Finding the new ihug/vodaphone help pages a little trying.....try findiung
    the new server settings.

    D.

    --
    "It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
    or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our

    Carl Sagan.

    Damos, May 14, 2008

  2. Damos

    Damos Guest

    On Wed, 14 May 2008 13:31:56 +1200, Damos <> wrote:

    > Dear All,
    >
    > Trying to restablish my homepage but have lost the ftp server settings
    > ie the remote directory etc.....
    >
    > Finding the new ihug/vodaphone help pages a little trying.....try
    > findiung the new server settings.

    Sorry to answer my own question..
    ftp host is homepages.ihug.co.nz
    remote directory /public_mtml

    Trying to find setup information on vodaphone/ihug web page is _awful_. ie
    email/news/ftp.
    And the phone help was useless. Couldn't give me those two lines of
    information despite 15minutes of talking after 20 minutes of waiting on
    the line. In the end found them by combination of trial and error.
    I'm seriously surprised how bad this has got since I last needed to lookup
    these setting. (a few years ago)
    I think it might be time to change my emailing addy from
    to the free one which I got through my domain registration in order to
    ease the jumping...it can only get worse.

    Damos, May 14, 2008

  3. In article <op.ua4jlhif2an4t6@andrew-orac>, Damos did write:

    > I think it might be time to change my emailing addy ...

    I would do that anyway. Never use an ISP-specific e-mail address.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 15, 2008
  4. Damos

    Damos Guest

    On Fri, 16 May 2008 15:42:33 +1200, Robert Cooze <>
    wrote:

    > Damos wrote:
    >> On Wed, 14 May 2008 13:31:56 +1200, Damos <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Dear All,
    >>>
    >>> Trying to restablish my homepage but have lost the ftp server settings
    >>> ie the remote directory etc.....
    >>>
    >>> Finding the new ihug/vodaphone help pages a little trying.....try
    >>> findiung the new server settings.

    >> Sorry to answer my own question..
    >> ftp host is homepages.ihug.co.nz
    >> remote directory /public_mtml
    >> Trying to find setup information on vodaphone/ihug web page is
    >> _awful_. ie email/news/ftp.
    >> And the phone help was useless. Couldn't give me those two lines of
    >> information despite 15minutes of talking after 20 minutes of waiting on
    >> the line. In the end found them by combination of trial and error.
    >> I'm seriously surprised how bad this has got since I last needed to
    >> lookup these setting. (a few years ago)
    >> I think it might be time to change my emailing addy from
    >> to the free one which I got through my domain
    >> registration in order to ease the jumping...it can only get worse.
    >>

    > DO you mean you got hold of somebody on the Phone? I have had some
    > issues with Vodafone 777 service I have been on hold for up to 5 hours
    > this week trying to resolve a issue! now 15mins hear 60 mins there it
    > all adds up!
    > And I still have not spoken to a flesh and Blood Human! I am flagging it
    > till Monday morning.

    Yes I shortened the drama....is was after about three phonecalls having to
    listen to the pc voice then got someone with questionable english over a
    line with a _long_ lag.
    As I said above in the end I just gave up talking to him as we were
    obviously talking past each other.

    D.

    Damos, May 16, 2008