    Please send me all the fees to complete the course.

    Yours,

    Jerry.

    Jeremy Sikazwe, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Jeremy Sikazwe

    Saga Guest

    You will have to do some homework.

    Locatae information for the certification you want and the
    required exams.

    Locate a testing center near your residence.

    Find out from them how much this costs.

    Your question gives me the impression that you expect that
    this ng is answered by Microsoft people and that MS itself
    gives and charges for the exams. Both of these assumptions
    are incorrect :)

    This ng is usually answered by normal people (I won't go into the
    philisophical definition of "normal") tat have nothing to do with
    MS, except maybe use its products. The tests are not given by
    MS directly, rather by authored testing agencies. I believe Vue
    and Prometric are two of them.

    I went to their websites and managed to locate a testing center near
    my residence. If you live outside the United States, you may try to
    locate a testing center by contacting a nearby university or your
    regional
    MS office. The tests usually cost $125usd, but this may vary, so do
    your research to find out the exact price.

    Good luck!
    Saga

    Saga, Nov 2, 2004

  3. Jeremy Sikazwe

    Eric Guest

    Jeremy Sikazwe wrote:

    > I'm very interested in taking this course next year. My
    > company is ready to pay for me.
    > Please send me all the fees to complete the course.

    It sounds to me like you are looking for a training class. Do some web
    searches. Microsoft has some official classes that are taught by third
    party training companies.

    There's also some classes that aren't offically santioned by Microsoft.

    Most of us don't take the classes, we just so self-study and then take
    the tests. The tests are normally $125 each, and you need 5 of them.

    Eric

    Eric, Nov 2, 2004
  4. Jeremy Sikazwe

    Saga Guest

    Most of us are greatly motivated to self-study when we see that the
    cost of the courses avarage around $1,500usd! <g>

    Saga

    Saga, Nov 2, 2004
  5. Jeremy Sikazwe

    Tod Birdsall Guest

    Hi Jerry,

    The fee to take each exam is currently $125/exam. The training material
    fees vary depending on your background and how much training you need.
    I have been developing both winform and webform applications with
    Visual Studio .NET since it was officially released. Before that I was
    developing application using Active Server Pages.

    I am 3 exams into my MCSD and am currently studying for my fourth. You
    can see the method and materials I am using by checking out the article
    I wrote here :
    http://tod1d.blogspot.com/2004/10/mcsd-certification-path.html
    Hope this helps.

    Tod Birdsall
    http://tod1d.blogspot.com

    Tod Birdsall, Nov 3, 2004
  6. Jeremy Sikazwe

    Eric Guest

    Tod Birdsall wrote:

    > I am 3 exams into my MCSD and am currently studying for my fourth. You
    > can see the method and materials I am using by checking out the
    > article I wrote here :
    > http://tod1d.blogspot.com/2004/10/mcsd-certification-path.html

    Great blog posting Tod!

    I personally prefer the Amit Kalani books over the MSPress books, but
    this is a matter of personal preference.

    The MSPress books are good for people who can remember what they read.

    The Kalani books are better for people who like a lot of small hands-on
    exercises to help reinforce the material. This helps me a lot because I
    can see how it works, instead of just reading about it.

    For VB.NET, the books by Mike Gunderloy are very similar to the Amit
    Kalani books.

    Eric

    Eric, Nov 3, 2004
  7. I was on Amazon.com today and happenned to nitice that they are selling exam
    vouchers for $106. You should probably make sure that the testing center you
    want use will take the voucher, but I think most of them do. Also, somebody
    told me you can get vouchers for even less if you buy a "six-pack" from
    Amazon.

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaA==?=, Nov 5, 2004
  8. Jeremy Sikazwe

    Arthur Hsu Guest

    Check out GetCertified4Less.com. Sometimes they will have a limited time
    voucher for $99 only.

    If the voucher happens to meet your planned date, it would be nice to save
    $26.

    -Arthur

    Arthur Hsu, Nov 9, 2004