    Ralph Guest

    I have the MS Press self paced training kit, what other study materials are
    recomended for passing this exam?

    Ralph, Jun 21, 2005

  2. Ralph

    Mr Clean Guest

    Ralph,

    I just passed this exam on Monday after second shot, and it was a very tough
    exam....

    There are some easy areas in the exam that should be no brainers if you have
    hands on such as backup/restore (all the DR stuff), SUS, Shadow Copy, DFS,
    DHCP, Domain Functional Modes, User management

    The harder stuff comes with DNS as my exam had more than 25% of questioins
    on DNS, plenty of slippery banana peels and the exam does not tolerate more
    than a few mistakes.

    Seems there were a lot of security questions, which I didn't find too
    hard....

    For prep I used: the "Upgrading your certification for MS Windows Server
    2003 (70-292 & 70-296)" by Dan Holme and Orin Thomas book, which I think you
    have refered to. I used Selftest Software, which was complettly useless so
    don't throw your $$ on that, and I used Technet & whitepapers, Virtual PC
    and a lot of practice. Also be familiar with the Resource Kit and the
    Support Tools from the 2003 CD.... easy questions there if you're familiar
    with those tools.

    Hope this helps, a lot of people have had to sit this exam more than once
    because it'll catch you by surprise... a lot of MCSEs on 2000 seem to
    underestimate it, but sign up for a free 2nd shot and have a go.

    Charlie

    Mr Clean, Jun 22, 2005