    Looking forward to your opinions/insight.

    Thanks!

    Rusty
    Rusty Hilim, Nov 1, 2005

  2. Rusty Hilim

    MitchS Guest

    "Rusty Hilim" <> wrote in message
    news:OWeKf%...
    > Just curious what everyone's take is on the best practice exam
    > (Transcender, Testking, etc.)??

    Regardless of the recent influx of TK propaganda, it still is not a valid
    study method, it is cheating.

    > Looking at obtaining my MCSE, have test systems, attending the MOC
    > courses, just looking for good practice tests for all exams, beginning
    > with 70-290.

    But you are on the right track. Build test systems (tangible or virtual),
    break them, fix them, get some good books to study (or take the courses if
    that's what you need), and I have heard good things about Transcender for
    practice tests (I haven't used any of them). Good luck.
    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    Winnner plays, loser stays. Everyone's a winne - well, not everyone."
    MitchS, Nov 2, 2005

  3. Rusty Hilim

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> Just curious what everyone's take is on the best practice exam
    >> (Transcender, Testking, etc.)??

    >Regardless of the recent influx of TK propaganda, it still is not a valid
    >study method, it is cheating.

    what gets me is that ms don't stop 'em from peddling their crap.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Nov 2, 2005
  4. Rusty Hilim

    MitchS Guest

    "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    > what gets me is that ms don't stop 'em from peddling their crap.

    Makes you wonder if they really care don't it. And I wish that if they were
    going to threaten cert revocation and other retaliation for cheating, at
    least put the effort into maintaining the image on their OWN servers. But
    maybe MS doesn't have the resources to do this.

    MitchS, Nov 2, 2005
  5. Rusty Hilim

    Rusty Hilim Guest

    That is the type of information I am looking for.

    Being a "newbie" to the MCSE certification track, I am unaware of what is
    deemed as "cheating" and what is considered a respectable form of practice
    exam.

    I definitely want to follow the latter, as I don't want to be considered as
    someone out to just pass the test.

    I appreciate your feedback, and look forward to the hearing everyone's
    ideas/opinions.

    Thanks again...

    Rusty

    Rusty Hilim, Nov 2, 2005
  6. Rusty Hilim

    T-Bone Guest

    "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote
    > what gets me is that ms don't stop 'em from peddling their crap.

    I'm sure they'd love to, but like spam and piracy, the operations are
    outside of the US. That makes it difficult because some businesses would
    rather take money from criminals than respect intellectual property laws.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Nov 2, 2005
  7. Rusty Hilim

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >That makes it difficult because some businesses would
    >rather take money from criminals than respect intellectual property laws.

    economics 101 in china.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Nov 2, 2005
  8. Rusty Hilim

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >That is the type of information I am looking for.
    >
    >Being a "newbie" to the MCSE certification track, I am unaware of what is
    >deemed as "cheating" and what is considered a respectable form of practice
    >exam.
    >
    >I definitely want to follow the latter, as I don't want to be considered as
    >someone out to just pass the test.
    >
    >I appreciate your feedback, and look forward to the hearing everyone's
    >ideas/opinions.
    >
    >Thanks again...
    >
    >Rusty

    Basically everything you need to pass these type of exams can be
    ethically and legally obtained for free.

    Get the exam prep guid(s) and base your research on the topics, much
    of which can be obtained from technet, msdn and the product
    documentation.

    However, if you have money, there plenty of books out there. Make sure
    you read the reviews on barns nobel, amazon etc as there are plenty of
    rubbish being printed today. Personal I'd avoid any books with
    mcse/mcsd etc in the title; maybe things have changed in the five or
    so years since I last bought a 'mcse/mcsd/mcdba' type of book, the
    books I saw back then were, well, crap.

    I assume you work in field, but even so, it sure would help to have a
    home/office practice lab to play with.

    good luck

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Nov 2, 2005
  9. Rusty Hilim

    Grog in Ohio Guest

    > Makes you wonder if they really care don't it. And I wish that if they
    > were going to threaten cert revocation and other retaliation for cheating,
    > at least put the effort into maintaining the image on their OWN servers.
    > But maybe MS doesn't have the resources to do this.

    This has been my contention for years. Why should Microsoft care? Brain
    dumps and users don't cost MS any money, and in fact, the more MCSE's and
    other certs there are, the better for MS.

    Why should they make any effort to stop it, especially if it costs them
    money to do so?

    Grog
    Grog in Ohio, Nov 2, 2005
  10. Rusty Hilim

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Grog in Ohio spewed across the
    ether:

    > This has been my contention for years. Why should Microsoft care?
    > Brain dumps and users don't cost MS any money, and in fact, the more
    > MCSE's and other certs there are, the better for MS.
    >
    > Why should they make any effort to stop it, especially if it costs
    > them money to do so?

    The cert process is a fscking money farm. MS could give a crap less how you
    get there, as long as you put your money down.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Nov 2, 2005
  11. Rusty Hilim

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> This has been my contention for years. Why should Microsoft care?
    >> Brain dumps and users don't cost MS any money, and in fact, the more
    >> MCSE's and other certs there are, the better for MS.
    >>
    >> Why should they make any effort to stop it, especially if it costs
    >> them money to do so?

    >The cert process is a fscking money farm. MS could give a crap less how you
    >get there, as long as you put your money down.

    sad but true.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Nov 2, 2005
  12. Rusty Hilim

    MitchS Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message

    > The cert process is a fscking money farm. MS could give a crap less how
    > you
    > get there, as long as you put your money down.

    I agree, so my question is why does MS pretend to be against the cheating
    and do nothing about it.
    MitchS, Nov 2, 2005
  13. Rusty Hilim

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, MitchS spewed across the ether:

    > I agree, so my question is why does MS pretend to be against the
    > cheating and do nothing about it.

    So they can try to maintain the myth that the certs are valuable, while
    still selling as many as possible. If they did not at least give mouth
    service to legitimacy, they would be as worthless as a pre-Saddam Dinar.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Nov 2, 2005
  14. Rusty Hilim

    T-Bone Guest

    "Rusty Hilim" <> wrote
    > Being a "newbie" to the MCSE certification track, I am unaware of what is
    > deemed as "cheating" and what is considered a respectable form of practice
    > exam.

    Well, I would be suspicious of any website such as TK that offers "100% real
    exam questions".

    If you go with the materials recommended on the MS web site, rest assured
    they are ligitimate. As for who prefers what, best bet is to google the
    certification groups.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Nov 2, 2005
  15. Rusty Hilim

    MitchS Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message

    > as worthless as a pre-Saddam Dinar.

    I've never had a Saddam Dinar. But last night I had a corn dog dinar. It
    was worth about $1.87. May go really cheap tonight and have a mac and
    cheese dinar.

    --
    Mitch "Hey woman! What's for dinar?" S.
    Winnner plays, loser stays. Everyone's a winne - well, not everyone."
    MitchS, Nov 2, 2005
  16. Rusty Hilim

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, MitchS spewed across the ether:

    > I've never had a Saddam Dinar. But last night I had a corn dog dinar.
    > It was worth about $1.87. May go really cheap tonight and have a mac
    > and cheese dinar.

    Go ahead and splurge; have a TV dinar.

    *thinks of how c or jtyc will spin that*

    ....eeeeewwwww, I just grossed myself out.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Nov 2, 2005
  17. Rusty Hilim

    Jtyc Guest

    > *thinks of how c or jtyc will spin that*

    I have no idea what you are talking about.

    /Has dinars from UAE and Bahrain.
    Jtyc, Nov 2, 2005
  18. Rusty Hilim

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc spewed across the ether:

    >> *thinks of how c or jtyc will spin that*

    > I have no idea what you are talking about.

    Have some more coffee. It will come to you.

    > /Has dinars from UAE and Bahrain.

    /has a couple of mil in Reichmarks, and about $20 in RVN MPC

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Nov 2, 2005