  1. BillKirch

    BillKirch Guest

    And why do I get them in my KaZaa downloads. And do I need them? BG

    BillKirch, May 21, 2004

  2. BillKirch

    Stuart Guest

    BillKirch wrote:

    > And why do I get them in my KaZaa downloads. And do I need them? BG

    The dat files in Kazaa are the partially downloaded files, if you delete
    them you will lose those downloads and have to start again.

    A DAT file is simply a data file and can contain anything, but don't go
    deleting them randomly or at all unless you know what they are being
    used for.

    Stuart

    Stuart, May 21, 2004

  3. BillKirch

    Yep Guest

    oads (BillKirch) wrote in message news:<>...
    > And why do I get them in my KaZaa downloads. And do I need them? BG

    Running KaZaa? You don't need to worry about Dat files but you will need:

    NAV 2003 (At least)
    AVG
    Spybot
    Adware
    CWshredder

    to name a few

    LOL

    Yep, May 21, 2004
  4. BillKirch

    Michael-NC Guest

    > > And why do I get them in my KaZaa downloads. And do I need them? BG

    > Running KaZaa? You don't need to worry about Dat files but you will need:
    >
    > NAV 2003 (At least)
    > AVG
    > Spybot
    > Adware
    > CWshredder
    >
    > to name a few
    >
    > LOL

    Also worry about who's scanning your system. Protowall, a driver level
    firewall and The Blocklist Manager which feeds Protowall a periodically
    updated blacklist will take care of that "problem."

    Michael-NC, May 21, 2004