    cheatsheets? And are the exams "open-book" to make it
    easier. I sure hope not....

    Please advise...
    Mike, Feb 5, 2004

  2. Mike

    Hermit Dave Guest

    well braindumps are brain dumps... you take the exam... you remember what
    was there and you make a note and post it for others to use.
    At the end of it.... the use of braindumps has sort of given exams a
    laughable status. People who work hard for certification do not appreciate
    some random person.. who knows nothing about programing giving the exam
    based on their study of braindumps.. (most of them score on an average lot
    better than people having worked hard which again annoys more people)

    --
    Regards,
    HD

    Hermit Dave, Feb 5, 2004

  3. >well braindumps are brain dumps... you take the exam... you remember what
    >was there and you make a note and post it for others to use.

    or take 'screen' dumps using digital cameras.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Mike

    Hermit Dave Guest

    oh well.... never thought they would go to that an extent...

    --
    Regards,
    HD

    Hermit Dave, Feb 6, 2004
  5. Mike

    Bill Hileman Guest

    Hermit Dave wrote:
    >>> well braindumps are brain dumps... you take the exam... you
    >>> remember what was there and you make a note and post it for others
    >>> to use.

    >> or take 'screen' dumps using digital cameras.

    > oh well.... never thought they would go to that an extent...

    They do... It's a major business. They can't rely on people's memories for
    the commercial ones, so they actually use (relatively) high technology to
    make sure they get the entire question and answers. Some of them actually
    then research the question later in an attempt to show which answer is
    correct, but they have no way of really knowing 100% if they got it correct.
    I wonder, since the exams are supposed to be proxied, why we don't hear of
    any of them ever getting caught. In the two exams I've done so far, at two
    different locations, I believe that while there was no-one else in the rooms
    with me, there were indeed video cameras, supposedly monitoring and/or
    taping me.
    Bill Hileman, Feb 9, 2004
  6. Mike

    Hermit Dave Guest

    how about some training centers themselves in the dumps business.. its easy
    to dupe the system in that case. all you need is the cctv in a room which
    looks like a real exam room with same number of people clicking away
    randomly at their screens

    well even my center had a cctc camera ... noticed it since it was on top of
    my desk wasnt motivated enough to look around for more...

    --
    Regards,
    HD

    Hermit Dave, Feb 10, 2004
  7. Mike

    JaR Guest

    "Hermit Dave" <> wrote in message
    > how about some training centers themselves in the dumps business.. its

    easy
    > to dupe the system in that case. all you need is the cctv in a room which
    > looks like a real exam room with same number of people clicking away
    > randomly at their screens

    That is probably the case more than we can imagine. Microsoft seems to have
    little or no interest in policing it's business in the west. I can imagine
    the level of control of it's test centers in third-world countries.

    Sure! C'mon in! Give us your money, we'll take the test for you. Plus copy
    the screenshots and sell them online as br@indumps! Crap, that's how half
    the governments in the world do business, why would one expect test centers
    to be any different?

    JaR
    Cynical Thug
    JaR, Feb 10, 2004
  8. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Well, thx everyone for clarifying the fact that there are
    plenty of lying cheats out there. I guess it's unavoidable
    in all aspects of life.

    I'll still get my MCSD.NET cert, and hopefully it won't be
    so laughable.

    Unfortunately, the cheaters are hurting themselves and
    hurting us legit programmers even more so, by turning a
    perfectly credible certification into a useless piece of
    scrap paper.

    Lates...

    Mike, Feb 10, 2004
  9. Ya know, I agree with you guys to a point, but those of us who are working
    to earn our cert legitimately need to stick together and continue to tout
    the value of legitimately earned certs, not spend so much time bashing paper
    certs. It's a half empty/half full thing. The more potential employers hear
    about worthless certs, the less they will be valued no matter who is doing
    the talking.

    Look, I've said it before, the cert's a credential; it says that you have
    the cert, not that you're a whiz developer. Earn it honestly and it'll mean
    something for you. Cheat, and it's worthless. There are plenty of M.D.'s out
    there that cheated there way through Med School, and I wouldn't trust them
    to treat cold symptoms. Bottom line is that the cert's not worthless, but it
    doesn't make you the greatest developer either. Combine it with experience
    and it'll mean something.

    Brunswick Lowe, Feb 12, 2004