    Can someone tell more such as the frequency response and if the music
    is in 5.1 format or tell me of a site when I can get this information.

    Regards Brian

    Brian, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Brian

    Richard C. Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    : I'm told you can now buy audio DVD disks which contain high quality
    : music but with no video.
    : I'd be interested in finding out more about this type of DVD disc.
    : Can someone tell more such as the frequency response and if the music
    : is in 5.1 format or tell me of a site when I can get this information.
    :
    : Regards Brian

    =====================
    You need to have a player that will play the high-resolution music on the discs.
    There are two types: DVD-Audio and SACD.

    They are 24 bit sound and the sampling rates are very high compared to CD.

    Many are 5.1 mixes.
    ======================

    Richard C., Jan 5, 2004

  3. Brian

    Richard Guest

    Brian <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I'm told you can now buy audio DVD disks which contain high quality
    > music but with no video.
    > I'd be interested in finding out more about this type of DVD disc.
    > Can someone tell more such as the frequency response and if the music
    > is in 5.1 format or tell me of a site when I can get this information.
    >
    > Regards Brian

    They are high resolution (high quality) 5.1 channel sound tracks.
    Supposedly (on a decent audio system) they sound better than old PCM
    CDs, and similar to SACD (Super Audio)discs. However, the format
    will probably die due to lack of support, there are not many music
    discs available using it. SACD has about double the number of discs
    available, but they aren't all 5.1 like DVD audio.
    Most mid-high end DVD players now play either SACD/DVD-A or both.
    -Rich

    Richard, Jan 5, 2004