    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time in
    reading this.

    Larry

    Larry Raynor, Mar 26, 2006

  2. Larry Raynor

    gwtc Guest

    Re: What am I doing wrong? Firefox won't remember preferences forIcons

    Larry Raynor wrote:

    > I've reinstalled the latest version of mozilla firefox to cure an
    > annoying problem. My preferences were somehow corrupted, and the
    > default icons for bookmarks, reload, home, etc returned. The problem
    > is, when I go to "view..toolbars.. customize.. and select small icons,
    > no text, and add a few of the icons i like to the toolbar all looks
    > good.
    > I exit firefox, and when I return. the default icons are there. It's
    > pretty annoying because I constantly click on my bookmarks icon to
    > navigate.
    >
    > I'm running a windows xp home.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time in
    > reading this.
    >
    > Larry

    all your prefs, settings, bookmarks, etc, are stored in your profile.
    When you uninstall, all you're doing is removing the program. THe
    profile is NOT touched. So, when you reinstall, the new program picks
    up your old profile.

    Create a new test profile out and see what happens. Click on Start,
    Run, and enter exactly:

    firefox.exe -P

    this will bring up the Profile Manager. Create a new profile and use
    that and see what happens. Does the problems still happen?

    gwtc, Mar 27, 2006

  3. Larry Raynor

    Larry Raynor Guest

    It works fine now.. thanks very much!