    I need??

    Thanks,
    Petre
    phuile, Dec 22, 2006

  2. phuile

    banjo Guest

    --

    "phuile" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is it possible to read a Fuji xD card using a CD drive? What adapter do
    > I need??
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Petre

    no.
    but you can buy a card reader that plugs into a usb port.
    just make sure that it will take your cards.
    banjo, Dec 23, 2006

  3. phuile

    Matt Ion Guest

    phuile wrote:
    > Is it possible to read a Fuji xD card using a CD drive?

    Uh, no. xD, CF, SD, MMC etc. are all flash memory, storing and reading data
    electrically. CDs are optical discs, storing data in physical variations in the
    disc surface and read using light (laser).

    > What adapter do I need??

    Any suitable USB-connected card reader. Pick up a basic 6-, 8-, 10-in-one (or
    more) card reader for $15-$20.
    Matt Ion, Dec 23, 2006
  4. phuile

    Roy G Guest

    "phuile" <> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to read a Fuji xD card using a CD drive? What adapter do
    > I need??
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Petre

    No.