What about this VCR/DVD Combo Unit

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by asdf, Sep 17, 2004.

  1. asdf

    asdf Guest

    This Toshiba unit got good reviews everywhere i looked so maybe i'll buy
    that one to replace my broken VCR:
    http://reviews.designtechnica.com/review1765_main8833.html

    1.SLP that they mention that's an equivalent term for EP, right?
    2. In 'conclusion' part of the article they state that:
    "One of our frustrations with this player (and most others) is the fact that
    you are penalized for using component video by having to change inputs each
    and every time you want to watch a DVD. "

    I understand that it will only matter if i want to watch video in SVideo
    mode. I have an 8 year old Sony TV so i don't think i even be able to tell
    the difference. by changin they simply mean pressinga button on the remote?

    3. My old sony vcr had this feature where it would 'index' the tape for easy
    rewinding. I don't think that the toshiba will be able to recognize sony's
    codes on the tape even though it too has intexing feature.

    Here I also found the manual:
    http://tacpservice.toshiba.com/ConsumerProductSupport/Manuals/DVD/SD-V392.pdf

    the features seem to be remarkably similar to my old sony except i don't
    think that the remote has sound control!!! am i just missing that button on
    the picture of a remote in the manual?
    I don't want to have 2 different remote controls. will I have to get a
    universal remote control or what?

    asdf, Sep 17, 2004