    post
    questions related to .net development itself rather than how to pass the
    exams?
    Ken Onweller, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Ken Onweller

    Jay Walters Guest

    Yes young jedi - but if you are really an mcsd you would
    surely be able to find it.

    :)

    related to passing the
    >cert exams.
    >
    >is there another discussion list for those who have

    become mcad/mcsd's to

    Jay Walters, Jan 8, 2004

  3. You got me there... ha!

    Yes, I found the other newsgroups.

    Ken Onweller \(.NET MCSD\), Jan 8, 2004
  4. Ken Onweller

    Jay Walters Guest

    The force is strong with you :)

    Jay Walters, Jan 8, 2004
  5. Ken Onweller

    Hermit Dave Guest

    lol....
    well there are more specific ngs relating to development....

    --
    Regards,

    HD

    Hermit Dave, Jan 8, 2004
  6. Ken Onweller

    Guest Guest

    http://www.dotnet247.com/247reference/default.aspx

    Guest, Jan 9, 2004
  7. So you became an MCSD.NET without knowing any other "discussion lists" other
    than this?
    Cool...

    Ertugrul Uysal, Jan 9, 2004
  8. actually, i became MCSD on January 6th and discovered this list only
    yesterday...

    mcsebraindumps.com, the mspress study books, msdn, and writing lots of
    programs
    are what helped me become mcsd.

    Ken Onweller \(.NET MCSD\), Jan 9, 2004
  9. Ken Onweller

    Lorne Smith Guest

    Admitting you cheated on an MS exam in an MS newsgroup is not the wisest of
    things you could do...

    "Ken Onweller (.NET MCSD)" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Lorne Smith, Jan 9, 2004
  10. who said anything about cheating. i worked and studied my !@#% off to pass
    these
    tests.

    Ken Onweller \(.NET MCSD\), Jan 9, 2004
  11. Ken Onweller (.NET MCSD) wrote:
    > who said anything about cheating.

    You did.

    > i worked and studied my !@#% off to pass these tests.

    Do you honestly not know what a brain dump is?

    Studying your !@#% off using a brain dump is cheating.

    But make sure you wear that lapel pin with pride!

    --
    Fris "LotW" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 9, 2004
  12. "Frisbee® MCNGP" <> wrote in message
    > Ken Onweller (.NET MCSD) wrote:
    > > who said anything about cheating.

    > You did.
    >
    > > i worked and studied my !@#% off to pass these tests.

    > Do you honestly not know what a brain dump is?

    I thought it was just another practice test (no different than the practice
    tests that came with the
    MSPress books).

    After all, we study and write tons of programs to see how things work. When
    you feel comfortable,
    you take a practice test to see how much you know, study some more, and keep
    going until you take
    the test.

    > Studying your !@#% off using a brain dump is cheating.
    >
    > But make sure you wear that lapel pin with pride!

    I absolutely will because those 9 months I spent in front of the computer
    studying those books,
    reading everything I could from MCSD, codeguru.com, asp alliance, ..., to
    pass all those
    exams and learning what I needed for my job was a lot of hard work for me.
    The time I spent
    with the "dumps" was MINIMAL compared to everything else.

    I also failed one of my exams along the way and had to retake it. If I were
    cheating, this never
    would have happened.

    Now, if someone memorizes a test without taking the time to learn and
    understand the material
    behind the test then they are really only hurting themselves in the long
    run. But this wasn't me.
    My goal was to understand .NET inside and out in all of its facets so that I
    wouldn't have to
    jump into the J2EE world.

    -Ken

    PS: A piece of paper may get you an interview. But its your knowledge and
    experience which will
    gain and keep you employed.
    Ken Onweller \(.NET MCSD\), Jan 9, 2004
  13. Ken Onweller (.NET MCSD) wrote:
    > "Frisbee® MCNGP" <> wrote in message
    >> Ken Onweller (.NET MCSD) wrote:
    >>> who said anything about cheating.

    >> You did.
    >>
    >>> i worked and studied my !@#% off to pass these tests.

    >> Do you honestly not know what a brain dump is?

    > I thought it was just another practice test (no different than the
    > practice tests that came with the
    > MSPress books).
    >
    > After all, we study and write tons of programs to see how things
    > work. When you feel comfortable,
    > you take a practice test to see how much you know, study some more,
    > and keep going until you take
    > the test.
    >

    >> Studying your !@#% off using a brain dump is cheating.
    >>
    >> But make sure you wear that lapel pin with pride!

    > I absolutely will because those 9 months I spent in front of the
    > computer studying those books,
    > reading everything I could from MCSD, codeguru.com, asp alliance,
    > ..., to pass all those
    > exams and learning what I needed for my job was a lot of hard work
    > for me. The time I spent
    > with the "dumps" was MINIMAL compared to everything else.
    >
    > I also failed one of my exams along the way and had to retake it. If
    > I were cheating, this never
    > would have happened.

    I believe you did indeed honestly not know what you were getting yourself
    into, then. I, myself didn't know what brain dumps were at first. When I
    was searching Yahoo groups to find study groups to join, I joined one that
    had "brain dumps" in its name. I thought perhaps it was some kind of slang
    for a study group. When I posted asking what brain dumps were, and got a
    response, I didn't let the door hit me in the ass on my unsubscribing.

    > Now, if someone memorizes a test without taking the time to learn and
    > understand the material
    > behind the test then they are really only hurting themselves in the
    > long run. But this wasn't me.
    > My goal was to understand .NET inside and out in all of its facets so
    > that I wouldn't have to
    > jump into the J2EE world.
    >
    > -Ken
    >
    > PS: A piece of paper may get you an interview. But its your
    > knowledge and experience which will
    > gain and keep you employed.

    You seem to have the correct mindset. I'm glad you didn't take my slight
    flame too personally, as I see now it was probably mis-directed.

    --
    Fris "22 year's experience and still just an MCP" bee® MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 9, 2004
  14. Thanks. I really appreciate your apology.

    Now let's get back to helping people with their questions and let our
    hard work help others. :)

    -Ken

    Ken Onweller \(.NET MCSD\), Jan 9, 2004
  15. Ken Onweller

    Schfooge Guest

    "Ken Onweller (.NET MCSD)" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > actually, i became MCSD on January 6th and discovered this list only
    > yesterday...
    >
    > mcsebraindumps.com, the mspress study books, msdn, and writing lots of
    > programs
    > are what helped me become mcsd.

    You must have only discovered this group yesterday if you
    don't know to keep quiet about having used braindumps.
    Schfooge, Jan 9, 2004
  16. Ken Onweller

    Schfooge Guest

    "Ken Onweller (.NET MCSD)" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    > "Frisbee® MCNGP" <> wrote in message
    > > Ken Onweller (.NET MCSD) wrote:
    > > > who said anything about cheating.

    > > You did.
    > >
    > > > i worked and studied my !@#% off to pass these tests.

    > > Do you honestly not know what a brain dump is?

    > I thought it was just another practice test (no different than the

    practice
    > tests that came with the
    > MSPress books).

    Brain dumps are lists of actual questions off the actual exams.
    People who have written the test "dump" all the questions
    they still remember (ie. that are in their brain) immediately after.
    The questions in the MS Press books (and other books) are
    examples of the types of questions that might appear on the
    exam and test your knowledge of the requirements for the exam.

    You may well have studied and practiced enough to be able
    to pass the exam honestly, but having read the actual questions
    from the exam via brain dumps, that gave you an unfair advantage
    and invalidates the test as a measure of your kowledge.

    Brain dumps are also illegal. They violate the non-disclosure
    agreement that binds any who take the tests. And Microsoft
    has a very dim view of brain dumps. They can take away
    your certification and bar you from ever getting any other
    MS certifications. They've done it before.

    So maybe it wasn't exactly the brightest move posting
    a message in which you give brain dumps partial credit
    for helping you get your MCSD - especially in a
    microsoft.public newsgroup, using your full name no less!

    If you're lucky, no one from MS is paying attention, and
    maybe no one has forwarded your original post to MS.
    But it would behoove you to keep quiet about having
    used brain dumps.
    Schfooge, Jan 9, 2004
  17. Ken Onweller wrote:

    > it looks like the majority of posts on this list are related to passing the
    > cert exams.

    No, the majority of posts on this list are about FBI harrassment.
    General Protection Fault, Jan 12, 2004
  18. Ken Onweller

    Eric Guest

    General Protection Fault wrote:

    > Ken Onweller wrote:
    >
    > > it looks like the majority of posts on this list are related to
    > > passing the cert exams.

    > No, the majority of posts on this list are about FBI harrassment.

    And how to illegaly exchange books in PDF format.
    Eric, Jan 12, 2004
  19. Ken Onweller

    Lorne Smith Guest

    I too also apologise... You never can be too sure these days, these groups
    are full of dumpers who couldn't care less... :)

    Lorne Smith, Jan 14, 2004
  20. It's all good, Lorne.

    Now that I understand better what is going on I can see why you became
    upset. It's like people just want the cert's without the knowledge. And
    then
    they steal the jobs from those who have worked really hard to acquire
    the knowledge.

    Ken Onweller \(.NET MCSD\), Jan 15, 2004