    Me again Im just after your advice on my next step. Im now working towards
    MCSA Server 2003. How does this compare to the MCP and MCDST exams.

    Thanks.

    BARRY ANDERSON, Dec 7, 2006

  2. Hmmm. How does it compare to the MCP and MCDST. Well I would advise you
    to say good bye to the one you love because you probably will not see
    them for awhile if that gives you any indication. Seriously, it is
    achievable but expect to dedicate some serious study time; especially if
    you do not have access to a Windows 2003 Server. There is a lot of
    information to cover. However considering it deals with only system
    administration, you do not have to know the design / elective (i.e.
    exchange, SQL, ISA) details that pertain to the system engineer
    designation. I wish you good luck, and study hard. The exam insurance is
    looking better with each test huh?

    By the way, for those interested in the exam insurance; here is a great
    deal for you. If you purchase the exam insurance and take a test before
    January 31, 2007, Microsoft will give to you a year subscription to
    TechNet Direct. Trust me, that is a sweet deal.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 7, 2006

  3. BARRY ANDERSON

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hi Barry,

    I have good news and bad news: The bad news is that the two exams you have
    already passed are far and away the easiest ones you wil ever take. In
    order from easiest to hardest, you have to pass 70-270, 70-290, and 70-291.

    The good news is that others have done it and you will too... it is really
    just a question of studying, practicing, working with the software,
    understanding it, and you will be able to do it. Take each exam one at a
    time, take them seriously and treat them with respect, and you will do fine.

    Good luck!

    Montreal MCT, Dec 8, 2006
  4. BARRY ANDERSON

    Woody Guest

    Can someone point me to a link for the below......?

    Woody, Dec 10, 2006

    www.examinsurance.com

    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 10, 2006
  6. Thanks Jonathan. Not sure how I missed putting that in my OP.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 10, 2006
  7. BARRY ANDERSON

    Woody Guest

    Is this where it tells you about the TechNet subscription?

    Woody, Dec 10, 2006
  8. Woody wrote:
    > Is this where it tells you about the TechNet subscription?
    >

    > "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message
    >> Woody wrote:
    >>> Can someone point me to a link for the below......?
    >>>
    >>> By the way, for those interested in the exam insurance; here is a great
    >>> deal for you. If you purchase the exam insurance and take a test before
    >>> January 31, 2007, Microsoft will give to you a year subscription to
    >>> TechNet Direct. Trust me, that is a sweet deal.

    >> www.examinsurance.com

    No, that is here:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive...cation-exam-insurance-through-january-31.aspx

    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 10, 2006