    viola - I am now an MCSE 2000. :)

    Count me as one pleased son-of-a-gun.

    Webster

    Webster, Sep 27, 2003

  2. Webster

    MCSE World Guest

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    "Webster" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > checked my transcript today to see if my exam from last Thursday was on

    it.
    > It said MCSE Windows 2000 achieved on the day I took the exam and passed.

    > thought I had 1 more exam to take so I fired off an e-mail to mcphelp.

    THen
    > went reading the fine print in the MCSE 2000 criteria. Seems that 2 of

    the
    > exams I took for my NT4 MCSE counted as an elective on the MCSE 2000.

    So -

    MCSE World, Sep 27, 2003

  3. Webster

    Bob Guest

    "Webster" <> wrote in message
    > checked my transcript today to see if my exam from last Thursday was on

    it.
    > It said MCSE Windows 2000 achieved on the day I took the exam and passed.

    > thought I had 1 more exam to take so I fired off an e-mail to mcphelp.

    THen
    > went reading the fine print in the MCSE 2000 criteria. Seems that 2 of

    the
    > exams I took for my NT4 MCSE counted as an elective on the MCSE 2000.

    So -
    > viola - I am now an MCSE 2000. :)

    What were the two exams, and what did they replace?

    Congrats!

    Bob, Sep 27, 2003
  4. Webster

    Lady Guest

    CONGRATS !!! - on your pleasant surprise.

    Lady, Sep 27, 2003
  5. Webster

    Webster Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > > Seems that 2 of the exams I took for my NT4 MCSE counted as an
    > > elective on the MCSE 2000.

    > What were the two exams, and what did they replace?

    I don't they they replaced anything but the TCP/IP and IEAK 4 exams showed
    as counting.

    Webster

    Webster, Sep 28, 2003
  6. Webster

    Bob Guest

    "Webster" <> wrote in message
    > "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > > > Seems that 2 of the exams I took for my NT4 MCSE counted as an
    > > > elective on the MCSE 2000.

    > > What were the two exams, and what did they replace?

    > I don't they they replaced anything but the TCP/IP and IEAK 4 exams showed
    > as counting.

    That's interesting, especially in the case of IEAK 4 (I have NEVER seen this
    kit used in any production environment PERIOD -- and I've consulted with a
    lot of big companies).

    Do they still have Networking Essentials as a requirement? That was the
    first one I did waaaaaaaay back in '96, I think...

    Bob, Sep 28, 2003
  7. Webster

    Webster Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > That's interesting, especially in the case of IEAK 4 (I have NEVER seen

    this
    > kit used in any production environment PERIOD -- and I've consulted with a
    > lot of big companies).

    I use it all the time, especially in schools that still have a lot of
    Win98/ME systems where GPOs cannot be used. You can keep the kids from
    changing the home page, stop OE from being used, clear out temp Internet
    files when they exit, etc etc etc.

    > Do they still have Networking Essentials as a requirement? That was the
    > first one I did waaaaaaaay back in '96, I think...

    No, that exam went the way of the DoDo bird. Just like TCP/IP, Net Ess is
    mixed in with literally every exam now.

    Webster

    Webster, Sep 28, 2003