What a good idea

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Walter A+, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Walter A+

    Walter A+ Guest

    Walter A+, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Walter A+

    Kenny Guest

    May be useful for low power items but I would be wary of overloading the
    supply rails in the PC PSU.

    --

    Kenny

    "Walter A+" <> wrote in message
    > What a good way of ridding yourself of those large black ac adapters
    > supplying your speakers and the like.........
    > take a look here

    http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=03110503412417&moduleno=3
    2465&Products=1

    Kenny, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Walter A+

    hootnholler Guest

    I would agree with Kenny on this one... It does not list any type of
    amperage, or any type of circuit breaker. I think I'd rather take a chance
    on the trusty power strip instead of overloading the guts of my pc...

    Hoot

    hootnholler, Nov 5, 2003
  4. On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 08:01:00 -0000, "Kenny" <>
    wrote:

    >May be useful for low power items but I would be wary of overloading the
    >supply rails in the PC PSU.

    Good way of attaching a wrong-polarity load also.

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Nov 5, 2003
  5. Walter A+

    techshare Guest

    Are these available in the US? On a side note ... I always wonder if people
    in the US can effectively order products from sites like this ... they
    aren't always clear about shipping charges, etc.

    techshare, Nov 6, 2003
  6. Walter A+

    jonny bravo Guest

    "techshare" <> wrote in message
    > Are these available in the US? On a side note ... I always wonder if

    people
    > in the US can effectively order products from sites like this ... they
    > aren't always clear about shipping charges, etc.

    What you dont know the answer to this.... heaven forbid Techshare doesn't
    know
    everything... you piece of shit....

    ---
    jonny bravo, Nov 6, 2003
  7. Walter A+

    RussS Guest

    Nice idea, but I would need a PSU rated about 950W plus. Tom also mentions
    an excellent point - polarity. On my 4 visible adaptors I have 5V through
    to 12V with both +/- polarity.
    The other thing to mention is HEAT - add a bunch more load to a PSU and it
    runs hotter = heat = more fans = more noise. Guess I will stick to my
    silent adaptors ;-)
    RussS, Nov 6, 2003