What a Bloody Rip Off

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Possible, May 8, 2011.

  1. Possible

    Possible Guest

    The Panasonic HD recorders Models DMR-XW480 500g HD (not sold at $899au

    And the DMR-XW380 with a 250G HD is $699au that is sold here and
    can be got for $600NZ if you shop around.

    But wait So you pay $200au for a extra 250...???

    These later Freeview models have a lot of features removed like you cant
    not skip adds, or delete them, this is not a Freeview thing but a TV
    thing as you must watch the Adds.

    So you pay $200au for a extra 250...???

    From what I have seen that all other PVR recorders are even more over
    priced and lack even more features like no DVD recorder and all are
    totally unreliable from many reviews that I have read.

    Another Bug that I have found myself on a Set top box and also is some
    reviews.

    You cant set the Timer to record say every Wednesday, unless it set up
    on Wednesday, so if you see a program that you find out on say Monday
    you cant set it up on Monday to record every week on Wednesday.

    Possible, May 8, 2011

  2. Possible

    Possible Guest

    On Mon, 09 May 2011 07:27:40 +1200, whoisthis <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Possible <> wrote:
    >
    >> The Panasonic HD recorders Models DMR-XW480 500g HD (not sold at $899au
    >>
    >> And the DMR-XW380 with a 250G HD is $699au that is sold here and
    >> can be got for $600NZ if you shop around.
    >>

    >> But wait So you pay $200au for a extra 250...???
    >>
    >> These later Freeview models have a lot of features removed like you cant
    >> not skip adds, or delete them, this is not a Freeview thing but a TV
    >> thing as you must watch the Adds.
    >>

    >> So you pay $200au for a extra 250...???
    >>
    >> From what I have seen that all other PVR recorders are even more over
    >> priced and lack even more features like no DVD recorder and all are
    >> totally unreliable from many reviews that I have read.
    >>

    >> Another Bug that I have found myself on a Set top box and also is some
    >> reviews.
    >>

    >> You cant set the Timer to record say every Wednesday, unless it set up
    >> on Wednesday, so if you see a program that you find out on say Monday
    >> you cant set it up on Monday to record every week on Wednesday.

    >Get yourself an Apple Mac mini and a USB Video adaptor.
    >May cost more buy you have far better control, and you can also use it
    >for play DVDs with, music with, surf the web with etc etc etc. Oh and it
    >should also come with a remote, but add on a bluetooth keyboard and
    >mouse and you are away.

    Can my Wife drive that..???

    Possible, May 9, 2011

  3. Possible

    Possible Guest

    On Mon, 09 May 2011 07:40:07 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 9/05/2011 7:27 a.m., whoisthis wrote:
    >> In article<>,
    >> Possible<> wrote:
    >>
    >>> The Panasonic HD recorders Models DMR-XW480 500g HD (not sold at $899au
    >>>
    >>> And the DMR-XW380 with a 250G HD is $699au that is sold here and
    >>> can be got for $600NZ if you shop around.
    >>>

    >>> But wait So you pay $200au for a extra 250...???
    >>>
    >>> These later Freeview models have a lot of features removed like you cant
    >>> not skip adds, or delete them, this is not a Freeview thing but a TV
    >>> thing as you must watch the Adds.
    >>>

    >>> So you pay $200au for a extra 250...???
    >>>
    >>> From what I have seen that all other PVR recorders are even more over
    >>> priced and lack even more features like no DVD recorder and all are
    >>> totally unreliable from many reviews that I have read.
    >>>

    >>> Another Bug that I have found myself on a Set top box and also is some
    >>> reviews.
    >>>

    >>> You cant set the Timer to record say every Wednesday, unless it set up
    >>> on Wednesday, so if you see a program that you find out on say Monday
    >>> you cant set it up on Monday to record every week on Wednesday.

    >> Get yourself an Apple Mac mini and a USB Video adaptor.
    >> May cost more buy you have far better control, and you can also use it
    >> for play DVDs with, music with, surf the web with etc etc etc. Oh and it
    >> should also come with a remote, but add on a bluetooth keyboard and
    >> mouse and you are away.

    >Woger won't buy one of those Crap (tm) macs that run on Lunix (R).

    No I want a single box not a bunch of crap that my Wife could not use.

    Possible, May 9, 2011
  4. Possible

    Possible Guest

    On Mon, 09 May 2011 22:50:10 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 9/05/2011 7:56 p.m., Possible wrote:

    >>> Woger won't buy one of those Crap (tm) macs that run on Lunix (R).

    >> No I want a single box not a bunch of crap that my Wife could not use.

    >So your wife is even more technically inept than you are Woger? The
    >user interface on a Mac is better than most DVRs.

    Yes and some $1000 more, you are a Joke.

    Possible, May 10, 2011