    information on any better quality scanners that will accept 120 negatives.
    Please respond via e-mail as I frequently get into this site - thanks. ------
    Jerry/Idaho

    Jtown2354, Jul 13, 2003

  2. Jtown2354

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    Check out the new Epson 3200 flatbed scanner. I understand it does a good job
    with MF and also can scan up to nine 35mm film at one time.

    Of course there is the Minolta
    DiMAGE Scan Multi Pro, 4800 dpi, 35mm/Medium Format, Film Scanner with Firewire
    (IEEE1394) Interface card

    for $2850 at B&H that will scan both MF and 35mm.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Jul 13, 2003

  3. Jtown2354

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: (Jtown2354)

    >I would appreciate
    >information on any better quality scanners that will accept 120 negatives.

    I use the Nikon LS-8000 and get very good results with it. Similar models
    include the Minolta Multi Pro and the Polaroid SS 120 (which Microtek is
    re-branding now as well). These are roughly $1,800 - $2,700.

    If you have a lot of money for this look at the $10,000 Imacon Flextight.

    If you have little money for this look at the Epson 3200 flatbed for a few
    hundred bucks, which won't do as good a job but is much more affordable.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Jul 13, 2003
  4. Jtown2354

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: et (HRosita)

    >Of course there is the Minolta
    >DiMAGE Scan Multi Pro, 4800 dpi, 35mm/Medium Format, Film Scanner

    It's 4,800 dpi for 35 mm but 3,200 dpi for medium format. Read the fine print
    :)

    Bill Hilton, Jul 13, 2003
  5. "Bill Hilton" <> wrote in message
    > >From: et (HRosita)

    > >Of course there is the Minolta
    > >DiMAGE Scan Multi Pro, 4800 dpi, 35mm/Medium Format, Film Scanner

    > It's 4,800 dpi for 35 mm but 3,200 dpi for medium format. Read the fine

    print
    > :)

    But it's probably the right scanner for 35mm types who sometimes shoot MF.
    (It desperately needs the 3rd party diffuser called "scanenhancer" or
    "scanhancer" or something to scan negatives, though. Out of the box, its
    negative scans are ugly.)

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Jul 13, 2003
  6. Jtown2354

    Guest

    I have the Epsom 3200 which does a good job on 35mm negaitves, - I
    thnk as good as the Minolta Scan Dual II, although I have not been
    able to do a comparison on the same negative.

    If it does 35mm well, I should think it would be great for 120, which
    it will also do.

    On 13 Jul 2003 03:56:39 GMT, (Jtown2354) wrote:

    >I am considering switching from film to digital and am trying to evaluate the
    >options - digital equipment - or a scanner. I have looked at several digital
    >cameras and have the specs on a lot of them. All of the scanners that I have
    >the specs on do not address scanning 120 negatives. I would appreciate
    >information on any better quality scanners that will accept 120 negatives.
    >Please respond via e-mail as I frequently get into this site - thanks. ------
    >Jerry/Idaho

    , Jul 14, 2003