    an information line that the owner wouldn't mind being called.

    Thanks
    David
    David Floyd, Nov 24, 2005

  2. David Floyd

    Mark Adamson Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:f+1gFS$YYhDFw7R@127.0.0.1...
    > Can any one recommend a 0800 number that I can test calls to. Perhaps an
    > information line that the owner wouldn't mind being called.
    >
    > Thanks
    > David

    I cannot say whether they mind or not, but I have been known to call 0800
    052 2000 (NTL support line, happy memories!)
    Mark Adamson, Nov 24, 2005

  3. David Floyd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    > Can any one recommend a 0800 number that I can test calls
    > to. Perhaps an information line that the owner wouldn't
    > mind being called.

    I usually use the Orange info line, 0800 801080 but this has now changed
    to 0800 079 5000.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Nov 24, 2005
  4. Mark Adamson wrote:
    > I cannot say whether they mind or not, but I have been known to call 0800
    > 052 2000 (NTL support line, happy memories!)

    That's ok, they'll never answer it anyway.

    Geoff Winkless, Nov 24, 2005
  5. David Floyd

    thoss Guest

    In article <of+1gFS$YYhDFw7R@127.0.0.1>, David Floyd
    <> writes
    >Can any one recommend a 0800 number that I can test calls to. Perhaps
    >an information line that the owner wouldn't mind being called.

    Depends what you want to test. If it's just the phone line, I use 1471
    to test for outgoing calls, and 1475 for incoming (for a BT line). Not
    0800, though.
    --
    Thoss
    thoss, Nov 24, 2005
  6. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 24 Nov 2005, thoss writes
    >In article <of+1gFS$YYhDFw7R@127.0.0.1>, David Floyd
    ><> writes
    >>Can any one recommend a 0800 number that I can test calls to. Perhaps
    >>an information line that the owner wouldn't mind being called.
    >>

    >Depends what you want to test. If it's just the phone line, I use 1471
    >to test for outgoing calls, and 1475 for incoming (for a BT line). Not
    >0800, though.

    Well, thanks for your reply, but since this is uk.telecom.voip that's
    not really appropriate !! :-(

    DF
    David Floyd, Nov 24, 2005
  7. David Floyd

    Mark Guest

    On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 09:22:07 +0000, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >Can any one recommend a 0800 number that I can test calls to. Perhaps
    >an information line that the owner wouldn't mind being called.

    BT Newsline
    0800 500005

    Used mainly for staff but widely known about.
    Mark, Nov 24, 2005