    only product and just badged Wharfdale.

    http://tinyurl.com/dmmyh

    zaax

    zaax, Jan 21, 2006

  2. zaax

    ng_reader Guest

    "zaax" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone got one of these?
    >
    > This is the cheapest 10" portable DVD player I've seen. Though I can't
    > find anything else about it on the net so I presume that its an Argos
    > only product and just badged Wharfdale.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/dmmyh

    > zaax

    One would have to assume that Wharfdale is out of business, and someone
    bought the name. Very high end loudspeaker/driver manufacturer.

    ng_reader, Jan 21, 2006

  3. zaax

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:25:07 -0500, "ng_reader"
    <> wrote:

    >"zaax" <> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone got one of these?
    >>
    >> This is the cheapest 10" portable DVD player I've seen. Though I can't
    >> find anything else about it on the net so I presume that its an Argos
    >> only product and just badged Wharfdale.
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/dmmyh
    >>
    >> --
    >> --
    >> zaax

    >One would have to assume that Wharfdale is out of business, and someone
    >bought the name. Very high end loudspeaker/driver manufacturer.

    In the 60's they were well thought of, maybe still are by some. I
    still have a 12 inch unit. Nice sounding speakers. They were good.
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Jan 21, 2006
  4. zaax

    clot Guest

    joevan wrote:
    > On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:25:07 -0500, "ng_reader"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> "zaax" <> wrote in message
    >>> Has anyone got one of these?
    >>>
    >>> This is the cheapest 10" portable DVD player I've seen. Though I
    >>> can't find anything else about it on the net so I presume that its
    >>> an Argos only product and just badged Wharfdale.
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/dmmyh
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> --
    >>> zaax

    >> One would have to assume that Wharfdale is out of business, and
    >> someone bought the name. Very high end loudspeaker/driver
    >> manufacturer.
    >>

    > In the 60's they were well thought of, maybe still are by some. I
    > still have a 12 inch unit. Nice sounding speakers. They were good.

    So true, I'm still using my thunder coffins I built in the late 60's
    with a Leak Amp of the same era! :)

    clot, Jan 22, 2006
  5. zaax

    Paulos Guest

    "clot" <> wrote in message
    > joevan wrote:
    >> On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:25:07 -0500, "ng_reader"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "zaax" <> wrote in message

    >>> One would have to assume that Wharfdale is out of business, and
    >>> someone bought the name. Very high end loudspeaker/driver
    >>> manufacturer.
    >>>

    >> In the 60's they were well thought of, maybe still are by some. I
    >> still have a 12 inch unit. Nice sounding speakers. They were good.

    > So true, I'm still using my thunder coffins I built in the late 60's with
    > a Leak Amp of the same era! :)

    From an argos employee, yes it is an argos only product, we bought the name
    and now own it.

    Paulos, Jan 23, 2006
  6. zaax

    brian milner Guest

    test1
    "Paulos" <> wrote in message

    > "clot" <> wrote in message
    > > joevan wrote:

    > >> In the 60's they were well thought of, maybe still are by some. I
    > >> still have a 12 inch unit. Nice sounding speakers. They were good.

    > > So true, I'm still using my thunder coffins I built in the late 60's

    with
    > > a Leak Amp of the same era! :)

    > From an argos employee, yes it is an argos only product, we bought the

    name