    Have you paid for Driver Wizard? Win Drivers.com? or still using
    driverguide?

    Have you paid for Lockergnome? Nonags?

    C, Jul 4, 2004

  2. C

    Collector_NZ Guest

    C said the following on 4/07/2004 19:59:

    > To get techie info?
    >
    > Drivers?
    >
    > Have you paid for Driver Wizard? Win Drivers.com? or still using
    > driverguide?
    >
    > Have you paid for Lockergnome? Nonags?

    Never paid, you can find almost anything you need to know with google on the
    web and the news groups

    Collector_NZ, Jul 4, 2004

  3. C wrote:
    > To get techie info?

    the net, google.com

    > Drivers?

    my own archive

    > Have you paid for Driver Wizard?

    yes, I have, good product.

    > Win Drivers.com? or still using
    > driverguide?

    nope

    > Have you paid for Lockergnome? Nonags?

    umm what?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 5, 2004
  4. C

    Gordon Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:11:33 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > C wrote:

    >> Have you paid for Lockergnome? Nonags?

    > umm what?

    Google them eh?

    Gordon, Jul 5, 2004
  5. Suddenly, C <> sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > To get techie info?

    Manufacturer's website, [drivers|downloads|support], pick model number.
    If that fails, Google.

    I've often wondered what breed of "techie" uses these generic sites...

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence, Jul 5, 2004
  6. Aaron Lawrence wrote:
    > I've often wondered what breed of "techie" uses these generic sites...

    I do, but only when the hardware is unmarked.
    most modems/many nics/some vga cards that sort of thing.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 5, 2004
  7. C

    theseus Guest

    Aaron Lawrence wrote:

    > Suddenly, C <> sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    >> To get techie info?

    > Manufacturer's website, [drivers|downloads|support], pick model number.
    > If that fails, Google.
    >
    > I've often wondered what breed of "techie" uses these generic sites...

    One looking for a driver for a kamakuza winmodem

    theseus, Jul 5, 2004
  8. theseus wrote:
    >>I've often wondered what breed of "techie" uses these generic sites...

    > One looking for a driver for a kamakuza winmodem

    kamakuza... didnt they also make video cards? Nvidia chipset, but
    they've now gone out of business, or only provide a korean website that
    is unreadable to us english only people.

    oh well, use that generic driver then.

    also, gamers use the generic ones a lot too, as they usually give ever
    so slightly better performance, oh yay, 1% more FPS in Quake 3, now it's
    85% faster than my eye can see anyway. :)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 5, 2004
  9. C

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Aaron Lawrence wrote:
    >> I've often wondered what breed of "techie" uses these generic
    >> sites...

    > I do, but only when the hardware is unmarked.
    > most modems/many nics/some vga cards that sort of thing.

    I've always managed to find drivers by Googling numbers off chips (ICs) in
    the past when all else fails. Takes a while sometimes though.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jul 5, 2004