    re-installing original drivers would bring it back to talking to the
    network.

    Shit happens
    collector«NZ, Oct 5, 2007

  2. In message <4705f251$>, collector«NZ wrote:

    > I didnt look hard at the Vista updates offered and clicked install, it
    > installed an updated driver for my NIC and it broke my puter
    >
    > Oh well I needed to do a reload, and no amount of last known good or
    > re-installing original drivers would bring it back to talking to the
    > network.
    >
    > Shit happens

    There's shit, and then there's Microsoft...

    :)
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 5, 2007

  3. collector«NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on the interweb "collector«NZ" typed:
    > It goes to show you are just a click away from disaster any day
    >
    > I didnt look hard at the Vista updates offered and clicked install, it
    > installed an updated driver for my NIC and it broke my puter
    >
    > Oh well I needed to do a reload, and no amount of last known good or
    > re-installing original drivers would bring it back to talking to the
    > network.
    >
    > Shit happens

    Shame you didn't see that one coming. A wise man once told me to *never*
    allow Windows Update to update device drivers. Thanks for confirming his
    advice. <g>

    Reinstalls are good for Windows anyway.

    Hope you're well, that was a great race last weekend. Shame Webber had to be
    a cry-baby about his crash and first blame Vettel and get him penalised,
    then try to blame Hamilton. In an ITV interview Hamilton said Webber was
    freaking him out, under those conditions, under a safety car. Apparently he
    kept accelerating hard, coming up alongside Hamilton and then braking hard.
    Hamilton thought it was really dangerous and wasn't surprised to hear that
    Webber had been in an incident a half-lap later. Just a shame it took the 20
    year old Vettel out when he was running third.

    Looking forward to Sunday's race.
    --
    TTFN

    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Oct 5, 2007
  4. collector«NZ

    Gordon Guest

    On 2007-10-05, collector«NZ <> wrote:
    > It goes to show you are just a click away from disaster any day
    >
    > I didnt look hard at the Vista updates offered and clicked install, it
    > installed an updated driver for my NIC and it broke my puter
    >
    > Oh well I needed to do a reload, and no amount of last known good or
    > re-installing original drivers would bring it back to talking to the
    > network.
    >
    > Shit happens

    Try to get it out of your head eh? I do
    Gordon, Oct 6, 2007
  5. collector«NZ

    Gordon Guest

    On 2007-10-05, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    > In message <4705f251$>, collector«NZ wrote:
    >
    >> I didnt look hard at the Vista updates offered and clicked install, it
    >> installed an updated driver for my NIC and it broke my puter
    >>
    >> Oh well I needed to do a reload, and no amount of last known good or
    >> re-installing original drivers would bring it back to talking to the
    >> network.
    >>
    >> Shit happens

    > There's shit, and then there's Microsoft...
    >
    >:)

    No, it is Microsoft gone bad
    Gordon, Oct 6, 2007
  6. collector«NZ

    Bugalugs Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on the interweb "collector«NZ" typed:
    >> It goes to show you are just a click away from disaster any day
    >>
    >> I didnt look hard at the Vista updates offered and clicked install, it
    >> installed an updated driver for my NIC and it broke my puter
    >>
    >> Oh well I needed to do a reload, and no amount of last known good or
    >> re-installing original drivers would bring it back to talking to the
    >> network.
    >>
    >> Shit happens

    > Shame you didn't see that one coming. A wise man once told me to *never*
    > allow Windows Update to update device drivers. Thanks for confirming his
    > advice. <g>
    >
    > Reinstalls are good for Windows anyway.
    >
    > Hope you're well, that was a great race last weekend. Shame Webber had to be
    > a cry-baby about his crash and first blame Vettel and get him penalised,
    > then try to blame Hamilton. In an ITV interview Hamilton said Webber was
    > freaking him out, under those conditions, under a safety car. Apparently he
    > kept accelerating hard, coming up alongside Hamilton and then braking hard.
    > Hamilton thought it was really dangerous and wasn't surprised to hear that
    > Webber had been in an incident a half-lap later. Just a shame it took the 20
    > year old Vettel out when he was running third.
    >
    > Looking forward to Sunday's race.

    Just to hi-jack this thread a little further. Have you seen Massa's pass
    on Kubica.

    Bugalugs, Oct 6, 2007
  7. collector«NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on the interweb "Bugalugs" typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    > > Somewhere on the interweb "collector«NZ" typed:
    > > > It goes to show you are just a click away from disaster any day
    > > >
    > > > I didnt look hard at the Vista updates offered and clicked
    > > > install, it installed an updated driver for my NIC and it broke
    > > > my puter Oh well I needed to do a reload, and no amount of last known
    > > > good
    > > > or re-installing original drivers would bring it back to talking
    > > > to the network.
    > > >
    > > > Shit happens

    > > Shame you didn't see that one coming. A wise man once told me to
    > > *never* allow Windows Update to update device drivers. Thanks for
    > > confirming his advice. <g>
    > >
    > > Reinstalls are good for Windows anyway.
    > >
    > > Hope you're well, that was a great race last weekend. Shame Webber
    > > had to be a cry-baby about his crash and first blame Vettel and get
    > > him penalised, then try to blame Hamilton. In an ITV interview
    > > Hamilton said Webber was freaking him out, under those conditions,
    > > under a safety car. Apparently he kept accelerating hard, coming up
    > > alongside Hamilton and then braking hard. Hamilton thought it was
    > > really dangerous and wasn't surprised to hear that Webber had been
    > > in an incident a half-lap later. Just a shame it took the 20 year
    > > old Vettel out when he was running third. Looking forward to Sunday's
    > > race.

    > Just to hi-jack this thread a little further. Have you seen Massa's
    > pass on Kubica.
    >
    > > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2804703251955420174&q=kubica&to

    Hmm, can't get it to work. (The link)

    Just to get back on topic, of late (in the last couple days) when I click a
    link in OE, IE opens and tells me that the link is invalid. That's strange
    for two reasons, one, Firefox is my default browser, and two, when the link
    is cut'n pasted into Firefox it works fine. I installed IE7 to see if it'd
    make a difference but no luck, I get the same thing happen, only with IE7
    now instead of IE6.

    This is recent behaviour, I just wondered if anyone else has noticed a
    similar thing? I know few folks use OE for groups... I wondered if it was
    due to a recent MS update?

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Oct 7, 2007
  8. Bugalugs wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on the interweb "collector«NZ" typed:
    >>> It goes to show you are just a click away from disaster any day
    >>>
    >>> I didnt look hard at the Vista updates offered and clicked install, it
    >>> installed an updated driver for my NIC and it broke my puter
    >>>
    >>> Oh well I needed to do a reload, and no amount of last known good or
    >>> re-installing original drivers would bring it back to talking to the
    >>> network.
    >>>
    >>> Shit happens

    >> Shame you didn't see that one coming. A wise man once told me to
    >> *never* allow Windows Update to update device drivers. Thanks for
    >> confirming his advice. <g>
    >>
    >> Reinstalls are good for Windows anyway.
    >>
    >> Hope you're well, that was a great race last weekend. Shame Webber had
    >> to be a cry-baby about his crash and first blame Vettel and get him
    >> penalised, then try to blame Hamilton. In an ITV interview Hamilton
    >> said Webber was freaking him out, under those conditions, under a
    >> safety car. Apparently he kept accelerating hard, coming up alongside
    >> Hamilton and then braking hard. Hamilton thought it was really
    >> dangerous and wasn't surprised to hear that Webber had been in an
    >> incident a half-lap later. Just a shame it took the 20 year old Vettel
    >> out when he was running third.
    >>
    >> Looking forward to Sunday's race.

    > Just to hi-jack this thread a little further. Have you seen Massa's pass
    > on Kubica.
    >
    >> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2804703251955420174&q=kubica&to

    Yep

    Hi jack again, prediction is for a serious wet race today on that track
    it will be entertaining but a farcre race wise.

    BTW The Off Topic Nazis will be on our back soon, generally I monitor
    nz.rec for F1 conversations
    collector«NZ, Oct 7, 2007

    collector«NZ, Oct 7, 2007
  10. On a pleasant day while strolling in nz.comp, a person
    by the name of ~misfit~ exclaimed:
    > Somewhere on the interweb "collector«NZ" typed:
    > > It goes to show you are just a click away from disaster any day
    > >
    > > I didnt look hard at the Vista updates offered and clicked install, it
    > > installed an updated driver for my NIC and it broke my puter
    > >
    > > Oh well I needed to do a reload, and no amount of last known good or
    > > re-installing original drivers would bring it back to talking to the
    > > network.
    > >
    > > Shit happens

    > Shame you didn't see that one coming. A wise man once told me to *never*
    > allow Windows Update to update device drivers. Thanks for confirming his
    > advice. <g>

    Not to mention that any device driver which has actually
    made it into Windows update is usually so old as to be a
    useless update anyway.

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and
    Aaron Lawrence, Oct 7, 2007
  11. collector«NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on the interweb "Aaron Lawrence" typed:
    > On a pleasant day while strolling in nz.comp, a person
    > by the name of ~misfit~ exclaimed:
    > > Somewhere on the interweb "collector«NZ" typed:
    > > > It goes to show you are just a click away from disaster any day
    > > >
    > > > I didnt look hard at the Vista updates offered and clicked
    > > > install, it installed an updated driver for my NIC and it broke
    > > > my puter
    > > >
    > > > Oh well I needed to do a reload, and no amount of last known good
    > > > or re-installing original drivers would bring it back to talking
    > > > to the network.
    > > >
    > > > Shit happens

    > > Shame you didn't see that one coming. A wise man once told me to
    > > *never* allow Windows Update to update device drivers. Thanks for
    > > confirming his advice. <g>

    > Not to mention that any device driver which has actually
    > made it into Windows update is usually so old as to be a
    > useless update anyway.

    Indedd. <g>
    --
    TTFN