    because WGA mistakenly flags their installation as non-genuine, after which
    the user gives up and never bothers with Dimdows Update again?

    <http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=4090>

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 3, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    greg Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > Wonder why so many Dimdows machines seem to go unpatched? Could it be
    > because WGA mistakenly flags their installation as non-genuine, after which
    > the user gives up and never bothers with Dimdows Update again?
    >
    > <http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=4090>

    well then maybe they should be using Windows instead

    ..........got that life yet?

    greg, Apr 3, 2009

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    > > Wonder why so many Dimdows machines seem to go unpatched? Could it be
    > > because WGA mistakenly flags their installation as non-genuine, after
    > > which the user gives up and never bothers with Dimdows Update again?
    > >
    > > <http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=4090>

    > What is this "Dimdows" you keep talking about?

    I'm not sure if you're new around here or wot, but we won't know the
    answer to that until well after September this year, when the Hadron
    collider is back in action and the ALICE and ATLAS experiments have
    proved the Higgs Boson and the quark-gluon information provides us with
    enough evidence to find out what planet Lawrence D'Oliveiro comes from.

    Then, we should have enough information about "Dimdows".

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Apr 4, 2009
  4. On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 15:39:49 +1300, Dave Doe <> wrote in

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>
    >>> Wonder why so many Dimdows machines seem to go unpatched? Could it be
    >>> because WGA mistakenly flags their installation as non-genuine, after
    >>> which the user gives up and never bothers with Dimdows Update again?
    >>>
    >>> <http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=4090>

    >> What is this "Dimdows" you keep talking about?

    > I'm not sure if you're new around here or wot, but we won't know the
    > answer to that until well after September this year, when the Hadron
    > collider is back in action and the ALICE and ATLAS experiments have
    > proved the Higgs Boson and the quark-gluon information provides us with
    > enough evidence to find out what planet Lawrence D'Oliveiro comes from.
    >
    > Then, we should have enough information about "Dimdows".

    But will there be enough to send him back there on a a one-way ticket?

    - Nicolaas

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Apr 4, 2009
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    greg Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    > On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 15:39:49 +1300, Dave Doe <> wrote in
    >
    >> In article <>,
    >> says...

    >>> What is this "Dimdows" you keep talking about?

    >> I'm not sure if you're new around here or wot, but we won't know the
    >> answer to that until well after September this year, when the Hadron
    >> collider is back in action and the ALICE and ATLAS experiments have
    >> proved the Higgs Boson and the quark-gluon information provides us with
    >> enough evidence to find out what planet Lawrence D'Oliveiro comes from.
    >>
    >> Then, we should have enough information about "Dimdows".

    > But will there be enough to send him back there on a a one-way ticket?
    >
    > - Nicolaas

    Maybe when he returns to his Dimdows land he may be able to find a life
    there?

    greg, Apr 4, 2009