    I have raised it with the PC manufacturer (so far they have not been able to
    solve it) and with Netgear (I am awaiting their response)

    Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
    Virgin, Mar 29, 2005

  2. To make sure it is not the windows service causing the conflict, you can try
    to disable the windows service first before trying to install your card.

    To disable the service through the UI:

    - click start
    - click control panel
    - click "switch to classical view" in the top left of the control panel.
    (If it is not there then you can ignore this step.)
    - find the "network connections" icon and double click on it to open the
    network connections folder.
    - locate the icon for the wireless connection (If it is not there, then skip
    the rest of this. The service will need to be disabled from the command
    line.)
    - right click on the wireless connection icon
    - select properties
    - in the properties window that pops up, select "Wireless Networks"
    - uncheck the checkbox labeled "Use Windows to configure my wireless network
    settings."
    - click "OK"

    If you need to disable the service from the command line, use the following
    command:

    net stop wzcsvc

    Once the service has been disabled try installing the card. If the problem
    persists, then the problem is most likely with the PCI card driver or even
    the card itself. In this case, contact Netgear for help.

    --
    Alan Muller
    Software Design Engineer in Test

    purposes only.