    flows if we enabled weighted fair-queueing instead? Any reason not
    to?

    -Bob

    Bob, Apr 24, 2006

  2. Bob

    Guest

    WFQ allows low bandwidth flows (like telnet, HTTP, etc.) to have better
    treatment on a link than high bandwidth flows (FTP, CIFS, etc.). So
    when there are a lot of flows/connections on an interface, the high
    traffic flows don't starve out the low traffic flows. If your
    interface is taking a lot of traffic, WFQ may help you out some. It is
    enabled with the "fair-queue" command on an interface or a policy-map.

    Steve Griffin
    www.blueconsole.com (Bluetooth Wireless Console Cable)

    , Apr 25, 2006