    I have an Western Digtal External Hard Drive that is powered up and connected to my tower. I am currently using my IBM think pad laptop and can see the drive

    hmmmmmm

    biglou
    LOU LABETTI, Nov 6, 2005

  2. LOU LABETTI

    John Holmes Guest

    LOU LABETTI blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    Thanks for sharing that, most appreciated. You ****.

    --
    Your mother was a subhuman buffoon who took pride in her adulterous
    demeanor in a munitions factory.
    John Holmes, Nov 6, 2005

  3. LOU LABETTI

    James Guest

    >"LOU LABETTI" <> wrote in message
    >I have an Western Digtal External Hard Drive that is powered up and
    >connected to my tower. I am currently using my IBM think pad laptop and
    >can see the >drive

    >hmmmmmm

    >biglou

    Thats....nice.
    James, Nov 6, 2005
  4. LOU LABETTI

    LOU LABETTI Guest

    Love ya too "baby".

    LOU LABETTI, Nov 6, 2005
  5. LOU LABETTI

    John Holmes Guest

    LOU LABETTI blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >> Thanks for sharing that, most appreciated. You ****.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Your mother was a subhuman buffoon who took pride in her adulterous
    >> demeanor in a munitions factory.
    >>

    > Love ya too "baby".

    I know, thank you.

    But do you have an actual question about that HD or did you just wanted
    to let us know you can see it?

    --
    Your mother was a blonde washroom attendant who worshipped Windows 95 in
    an industrial mining complex.
    John Holmes, Nov 6, 2005
  6. LOU LABETTI

    LOU LABETTI Guest

    > But do you have an actual question about that HD or did you just wanted
    > to let us know you can see it?

    That I could see it, I was surprised that the USB cable is NOT pluged into
    the laptop
    LOU LABETTI, Nov 6, 2005
  7. LOU LABETTI

    Toolman Tim Guest

    LOU LABETTI wrote:
    > I have an Western Digtal External Hard Drive that is powered up and
    > connected to my tower. I am currently using my IBM think pad laptop
    > and can see the drive
    >
    > hmmmmmm
    >
    > biglou

    Was there a question in that somewhere?

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 6, 2005
  8. LOU LABETTI

    Toolman Tim Guest

    LOU LABETTI wrote:
    >> But do you have an actual question about that HD or did you just
    >> wanted to let us know you can see it?

    > That I could see it, I was surprised that the USB cable is NOT pluged
    > into the laptop

    It's called "sharing". Did your mommy teach you about sharing?

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 6, 2005
  9. LOU LABETTI

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, LOU LABETTI
    <> wrote:

    > I have an Western Digtal External Hard Drive that is powered up and connected
    > to my tower. I am currently using my IBM think pad laptop and can see the
    > drive
    >
    > hmmmmmm

    Don't you also see the desktop hard drive?

    If you turned on 'sharing" on the desktop, then your laptop will be
    able to see whatever drive is mounted on the desktop. Turn on Sharing
    on the laptop and the reverse will be true. Naturally, the method the
    drive is connected to the desktop is immaterial.
    In most operating systems, you have to set access privileges (read and
    write), also for both directions.

    This is the way you do things like share a database.
    Your desktop has much more storage ability; so you set iTunes to use
    that drive as the location for music files, for instance, and share
    that one database between all users.
    Mitch, Nov 6, 2005
  10. LOU LABETTI

    LOU LABETTI Guest

    But it is NOT pluged into the laptop

    LOU LABETTI, Nov 7, 2005
  11. LOU LABETTI

    Toolman Tim Guest

    LOU LABETTI wrote:

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> That I could see it, I was surprised that the USB cable is NOT
    >>> pluged into the laptop

    >> It's called "sharing". Did your mommy teach you about sharing?

    > But it is NOT pluged into the laptop

    Neither is mine. But I can access it anywhere in the network.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 7, 2005