Western Digital settles capacity dispute - offers free backup software

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov, Jun 28, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Copied from another newsgroup - even used the same subject line :)

    Western Digital Corp. is offering free software to about 1 million
    consumers to resolve a class-action lawsuit alleging that its computer
    hard drives stored less material than promised - a discrepancy
    stemming from high-tech's different standards for sizing up digital
    data.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13589972/

    Western Digital Corporation Settlement Information
    http://www.wdc.com/settlement/faqs.asp

    To easily obtain your Western Digital serial number, download
    and run the following program, then click on "IDE Information".

    Data Lifeguard Tools 11.2 for Windows
    http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?swid=1

    Claim Form
    http://www.wdc.com/settlement/verify.asp

    --
    Scientists desperately search for definition of a "cubit"
    as rains continue unabated.

    , Jun 28, 2006

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    wrote:
    > Copied from another newsgroup - even used the same subject line :)
    >
    > Western Digital Corp. is offering free software to about 1 million
    > consumers to resolve a class-action lawsuit alleging that its computer
    > hard drives stored less material than promised - a discrepancy
    > stemming from high-tech's different standards for sizing up digital
    > data.
    > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13589972/
    >
    > Western Digital Corporation Settlement Information
    > http://www.wdc.com/settlement/faqs.asp
    >
    > To easily obtain your Western Digital serial number, download
    > and run the following program, then click on "IDE Information".
    >
    > Data Lifeguard Tools 11.2 for Windows
    > http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?swid=1
    >
    > Claim Form
    > http://www.wdc.com/settlement/verify.asp

    Thanks, boss! I signed up. The free software is EMC Dantz Retrospect Express
    7.5 backup software.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 30, 2006