    Anyone found a work around or know of a free Dialup ISP? Any assistance will
    be greatly appreciated.

    Richard
    Richard G Carruthers, Dec 1, 2005

  2. Richard G Carruthers

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "Richard G Carruthers" <> wrote in message
    > Have been dual booting XP Pro and XP 64 PRo since 64 was released with the
    > usual driver problems but able to use it. Now I have updated to Version
    > DSL and their westell modem is not compatible. Have had no luck finding
    > drivers. Anyone found a work around or know of a free Dialup ISP? Any
    > assistance will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Richard

    I use Verizon with the Westell under x64. There are no drivers required...

    Bobby
    NoNoBadDog!, Dec 1, 2005

  3. Hi,

    My westel modem has the option of connecting with a usb or lan cable.
    If possible switch to connecting with the lan cable instead.

    Ken
    -----------------

    Ken Tucker [MVP], Dec 1, 2005
  4. Iam using the USB because the modem does not recognize the ethernet
    card.(even though I have one).Nothing I have tried works so I gyuess X64
    will have to go.

    Richard

    Richard G Carruthers, Dec 1, 2005
  5. I also use a westell modem (I have hadit since DSL was installed 3 years ago.
    It functions just fine with x64. I have never had to use drivers.

    Lewis

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGFlbHU=?=, Dec 1, 2005
  6. I would put a compatible lan card in. Many have done this.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 1, 2005
  7. thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate it. Now, can someone tell
    me of a reliable free Dialup?

    Richard

    Richard G Carruthers, Dec 1, 2005
  8. Richard G Carruthers

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    You need to install the x64 drivers for your NIC. That is why your modem is
    not recognized.

    Your problem is not installing the drivers for the NIC.

    All current NICs have 64 bit drivers, so you should find the appropriate
    driver and then you'll be up and running.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Dec 1, 2005
  9. Richard G Carruthers

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    There are no free internet services, dial-up or otherwise.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Dec 1, 2005
  10. Problem Solved. Somehow the Ethernet connection got disabled on Xp pro. Once
    I found this an Installed the correct Drivers on xp64 all is wellI feel
    kinda sheepish about the whole thing. Thanks again to all much appreciated.

    Richard

    Richard G Carruthers, Dec 2, 2005