    though I would thro that at them also.

    Craig

    --

    MSNews, May 24, 2009

  2. Hi
    Most insurance companies probable have No standard about it.
    How ever you can be sure that if something happens and there is litigation
    about the issue it would come up and might reduce the insurance carrier
    responsibly.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack [MVP-Networking], May 25, 2009

  3. MSNews

    kermit Guest

    MSNews wrote:
    > I came to a small company that had WEP encryption. I am trying to
    > convince them to at least go with WPA.
    > They think WEP is good enough. Do insurance companies look at such
    > things when investigating claims from damages resultant from a
    > wireless breach? I though I would thro that at them also.
    >
    > Craig

    There may be harware upgrades requried for this small company to begin using
    WPA. Part of their reluctance may be spending more money. I doubt there
    would be any precedent for reduced insurance coverage due to using
    established wireless security methods (WEP) but just not the most rigorous
    (WPA).

    kermit, May 25, 2009
  4. MSNews

    Lem Guest

    MSNews wrote:
    > I came to a small company that had WEP encryption. I am trying to convince
    > them to at least go with WPA.
    > They think WEP is good enough. Do insurance companies look at such things
    > when investigating claims from damages resultant from a wireless breach? I
    > though I would thro that at them also.
    >
    > Craig

    You might point out that a Google search for "how to crack wep" returns
    over 38,000 hits:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...tnG=Search&cts=1243709193351&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, May 30, 2009
  5. MSNews

    kermit Guest

    Lem wrote:
    > MSNews wrote:
    >> I came to a small company that had WEP encryption. I am trying to
    >> convince them to at least go with WPA.
    >> They think WEP is good enough. Do insurance companies look at such
    >> things when investigating claims from damages resultant from a
    >> wireless breach? I though I would thro that at them also.
    >>
    >> Craig
    >>

    > You might point out that a Google search for "how to crack wep"
    > returns over 38,000 hits:
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...tnG=Search&cts=1243709193351&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10

    I did a Google search for "jerks that suggest google" and got 1.39 million
    hits

    kermit, May 30, 2009
  6. MSNews

    Lem Guest

    Lem, May 30, 2009
  7. MSNews

    kermit Guest

    Lem wrote:
    > kermit wrote:
    >
    >> I did a Google search for "jerks that suggest google" and got 1.39
    >> million hits
    >>

    > I doubt it.
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?client...jerks that suggest google"&btnG=Google Search
    > Information No results found for "jerks that suggest google".

    Were you connected to the internet at the time?

    Results 1 - 10 of about 1,390,000 for jerks that suggest google. (0.28
    seconds)

    kermit, May 31, 2009
  8. MSNews

    Lem Guest

    kermit wrote:
    > Lem wrote:
    >> kermit wrote:
    >>
    >>> I did a Google search for "jerks that suggest google" and got 1.39
    >>> million hits
    >>>

    >> I doubt it.
    >>
    >> http://www.google.com/search?client...jerks that suggest google"&btnG=Google Search
    >> Information No results found for "jerks that suggest google".

    > Were you connected to the internet at the time?
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 1,390,000 for jerks that suggest google. (0.28
    > seconds)

    Your searches would be more productive if you learned a bit about Google
    search basics instead of being such a pompous ass.

    http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=136861

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, May 31, 2009
  9. MSNews

    kermit Guest

    Lem wrote:
    > kermit wrote:

    >>> I doubt it.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.google.com/search?client...jerks that suggest google"&btnG=Google Search
    >>> Information No results found for "jerks that suggest google".

    >> Were you connected to the internet at the time?
    >>
    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 1,390,000 for jerks that suggest google.
    >> (0.28 seconds)
    >>

    > Your searches would be more productive if you learned a bit about
    > Google search basics instead of being such a pompous ass.
    >
    > http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=136861

    A pompous ass would be someone who suffixes his name with MS-MVP yet the
    only answer he can muster is telling a person to try Google.

    kermit, May 31, 2009