    networks before no fuss, but I set up this wireless network and it works
    fine until I enable wep encryption the other computer stays connected so I
    have used the right wep key but it can no longer access the internet.

    Karl Hunt, Mar 6, 2005

  2. Karl Hunt

    DLink Guru Guest

    You said your other computer is wired, WEP does not affect your wired
    computers, so thats why it stays connected.

    Do you just not have Internet on your wireless computer? Or is it not
    connecting to your router at all? If its connecting to your router its not
    the WEP Key as that will stop you from connecting to the router all
    together.

    DLink Guru, Mar 6, 2005

  3. I'm jumping onto an older link as I have exactly the same problem -- as soon
    as I enable WEP, my wireless computer loses its ability to connect. I have
    checked and rechecked the configurations and everything SEEMS to be OK. I
    am running out of ideas . . .

    Bob

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?=, Mar 10, 2005
  4. Karl Hunt

    DLink Guru Guest

    Did you enable WEP on your router and your computer?

    DLink Guru, Mar 11, 2005