    The HP Tech folks have tried everything except reloading window xp.

    Any suggestions???????

    Rick

    =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=, Feb 15, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=

    tim Guest

    Ive had a few different problems,but it was resolved after unstalling the
    driver for the router and wireless adapter in one case.Maybe try that first
    ??

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    > I have a new HP Laptop with built in wireless connection.
    > My Liknsys router is set up with 128 bit wep encryption.
    > I can connect to the router by clicking on the icon in the lower right
    > taskbar and choose the router and then click connect.
    >
    > I can also set this up for a profile.
    > Now the kicker.....
    > Every time I reboot the laptop and go to [my computer] [network

    connections]
    > [wireless network card] it says that it is connected by the wep is

    disabled.

    tim, Feb 16, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=

    tim Guest

    and reinstalling the drivers

    tim, Feb 16, 2006
  4. I have done the uninstall the driver for the wireless card but not the router.
    My guess is that the linksys people would say that their driver would not
    cause this issue....

    =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=, Feb 16, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=

    tim Guest

    i think sometimes its the hard drive,from experience with other programs
    when the settings wont change afer you change somethng.It looked that way to
    me at those times (or some sort of software clash?)when the pc isnt new.hope
    you get some more help and work it out,if you dont dare to uninstall the
    router driver.

    tim, Feb 16, 2006