    icon tray, bottom right of screen. Running XP Home SP2 and current driver on
    the 1180 adapter

    Appreciate suggestions! Thanks very much, Jim

    =?Utf-8?B?RzM1QzAzMw==?=, Feb 6, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RzM1QzAzMw==?=

    Carol Guest

    I"ve never been able to figure that out either. I just fill in all the
    information in the wireless network connection, then try to connect. If the
    full 128 WEP key didn't get entered, a box pops up and lets you enter it.
    The space provided then is ample for the full key.

    Carol, Feb 7, 2006

  3. Hi Carol - Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try and activate the pop-up box
    you mention. I did try to copy/paste the 104-bit hex key on my initial go
    round, something that was suggested by an IT guy at work. It didn't seem to
    work, as only 23 of the 26 characters made the box. I probably won't have a
    chance to try your suggestion until the weekend, but will let you know what
    happens.

    Anyone else with suggestions here?

    =?Utf-8?B?RzM1QzAzMw==?=, Feb 7, 2006
  4. Carol -

    We were able to connect from the client, wep enabled, last night by
    following your suggestion and inputting the full 104-bit (26) character hex
    key in the pop-up box. My mom is happy now that she can get back on the
    Internet!

    Thanks for your help - Jim

    =?Utf-8?B?RzM1QzAzMw==?=, Feb 17, 2006