    Thanks

    Graham
    , Apr 16, 2006

  2. Hello Graham,

    You could try temporarily disabling the encryption to see if you can
    connect. If you are having trouble getting a successful connection it could
    be your encryption settings.

    The one thing you can try is log into the router and copy and paste the
    encryption key rather than typing it.

    --
    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)

    Eric Cross [MVP], Apr 17, 2006

  3. James Gockel Guest

    Problems with that suggestion is that some routers don't show the encryption
    key when logged in. It hides it like a good website should using the
    password field, and afaik you can't copy from that.
    You could get one of those password reveiler programs, but my router doesnt
    even show the right number of dots for the password length. So I'm sure it's
    using some fake characters just to hide the length also! Ingenious...

    -James G.

    James Gockel, Apr 17, 2006
  4. TW Guest

    Go to your wireless connection properties, click the wireless networks tab,
    click properties at the bottom, then click the authentication tab and make
    sure the " enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network" is unchecked.
    OK your way out and you should be able to connect.
    TW

    TW, Apr 19, 2006