Wellington LUG

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Sep 1, 2006.

  1. Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Sep 1, 2006

  2. Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

    Ewen McNeill Guest

    In article <44f782aa$>,
    Mauricio Freitas [MVP] <> wrote:
    >Any reason why the Wellington Linux UG web site wouldn't work?
    >http://www.wellylug.org.nz/

    I'm not sure why it's down, but I've posted something to the Wellylug
    organising mailling list pointing out the problem. Possibly there's
    some problem with Internet connectivity at the site it's being hosted.
    Hopefully it can be resolved soon.

    Meanwhile the mailing lists are still available, eg:

    which may be an easier way to get in touch. (They're hosted in a different
    location.)

    Ewen

    Ewen McNeill, Sep 1, 2006

  3. "Ewen McNeill" <> wrote in message
    > In article <44f782aa$>,
    > Mauricio Freitas [MVP] <> wrote:
    >>Any reason why the Wellington Linux UG web site wouldn't work?
    >>http://www.wellylug.org.nz/

    > I'm not sure why it's down, but I've posted something to the Wellylug
    > organising mailling list pointing out the problem. Possibly there's
    > some problem with Internet connectivity at the site it's being hosted.
    > Hopefully it can be resolved soon.
    >
    > Meanwhile the mailing lists are still available, eg:

    > which may be an easier way to get in touch. (They're hosted in a
    > different
    > location.)
    >
    > Ewen

    Thanks, it's up again.

    --

    Mauricio Freitas
    www.geekzone.co.nz, www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm,

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Sep 1, 2006
  4. Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

    Stu Fleming Guest

    >Possibly there's
    > some problem with Internet connectivity at the site it's being hosted.

    Is it hooked up to the gas main?

    Stu Fleming, Sep 1, 2006
  5. Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Stu Fleming wrote:
    > "Ewen McNeill" <> wrote in message
    >> Possibly there's
    >> some problem with Internet connectivity at the site it's being hosted.

    > Is it hooked up to the gas main?

    Or was it steam powered. The Internet connection. You know parts of
    Wellington are very old perhaps the gas steam converter got waterlogged.

    Robert Cooze, Sep 1, 2006
  6. Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

    Ma Hogany Guest

    On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 06:25:28 +1200, Robert Cooze wrote:

    > Stu Fleming wrote:
    >> "Ewen McNeill" <> wrote in message
    >>> Possibly there's
    >>> some problem with Internet connectivity at the site it's being hosted.

    >> Is it hooked up to the gas main?
    >>

    > Or was it steam powered. The Internet connection. You know parts of
    > Wellington are very old perhaps the gas steam converter got waterlogged.

    More likely internal problems in a LUG that is unable to organise itself in
    any constructive or coherant manner.

    Ma Hogany

    --
    "Even though a peice of code may be documented it doesn't make it readable,
    understandable or even usable. Especially when said documentation starts with

    Ma Hogany, Sep 2, 2006
  7. Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

    Enkidu Guest

    Robert Cooze wrote:
    > Stu Fleming wrote:
    >> "Ewen McNeill" <> wrote in message
    >>> Possibly there's some problem with Internet connectivity at the
    >>> site it's being hosted.

    >> Is it hooked up to the gas main?
    >>

    > Or was it steam powered. The Internet connection. You know parts of
    > Wellington are very old perhaps the gas steam converter got
    > waterlogged.

    If you are interested in the steam-driven Internet, see this:

    http://dogme.burningman.com/~jeremymb/ioih/beginning/growth.html

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Sep 2, 2006
  8. Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Enkidu wrote:
    > Robert Cooze wrote:
    >> Stu Fleming wrote:
    >>> "Ewen McNeill" <> wrote in message
    >>> Is it hooked up to the gas main?
    >>>

    >> Or was it steam powered. The Internet connection. You know parts of
    >> Wellington are very old perhaps the gas steam converter got
    >> waterlogged.
    >>

    > If you are interested in the steam-driven Internet, see this:
    >
    > http://dogme.burningman.com/~jeremymb/ioih/beginning/growth.html
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    Year that was the link I was thinking of :)

    Robert Cooze, Sep 2, 2006