    Looking forward to seeing some of you there.

    Brett Roberts
    Microsoft NZ
    Brett Roberts, Jul 9, 2005

  2. Brett Roberts

    Bruce Hoult Guest

    In article <42cfbba5$>,
    "Brett Roberts" <> wrote:

    > Darryl Burling (a Microsoft NZ developer guru) and I (not a Microsoft NZ
    > developer guru) are attending the above this Monday evening. The venue is
    > LAN Place, Level 4, Eagle Technology House, 150 Willis Street and I
    > understand the event kicks off around 7.30pm.
    >
    > It'd be great to put faces to some nz.comp names, have an argument or three,
    > agree to disagree and then put a dent in Darryl's Amex with a few drinks so
    > if you have a quiet evening planned please think about coming along :)
    >
    > Looking forward to seeing some of you there.

    Just be careful, mate. The cute women there are *not* the sort of
    bimbos you find at MS bashes.

    --
    Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-
    Bruce Hoult, Jul 9, 2005

  3. On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:45:08 +1200, someone purporting to be Bruce Hoult
    didst scrawl:

    > In article <42cfbba5$>,
    > "Brett Roberts" <> wrote:

    *SNIP*
    > Just be careful, mate. The cute women there are *not* the sort of
    > bimbos you find at MS bashes.

    Cute women? I thought that FreeBSD got the cute women in the OSS game.
    I mean, look at
    http://groups.msn.com/FreeBSDOS/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=3

    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."
    Matthew Poole, Jul 9, 2005
  4. Brett Roberts

    David Preece Guest

    Brett Roberts wrote:
    > Darryl Burling (a Microsoft NZ developer guru) and I (not a Microsoft NZ
    > developer guru) are attending the above this Monday evening. The venue is
    > LAN Place, Level 4, Eagle Technology House, 150 Willis Street and I
    > understand the event kicks off around 7.30pm.

    Yeah, I'm up. See you there.

    Dave
    David Preece, Jul 10, 2005
  5. Brett Roberts

    Bret Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:51:18 +1200, Matthew Poole <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:45:08 +1200, someone purporting to be Bruce Hoult
    >didst scrawl:
    >
    >> In article <42cfbba5$>,
    >> "Brett Roberts" <> wrote:

    >*SNIP*
    >> Just be careful, mate. The cute women there are *not* the sort of
    >> bimbos you find at MS bashes.

    >Cute women? I thought that FreeBSD got the cute women in the OSS game.
    >I mean, look at
    >http://groups.msn.com/FreeBSDOS/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=3

    I dont think they are programmers :)
    Bret, Jul 10, 2005
  6. Brett Roberts

    H.O.G Guest

    On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 23:57:23 +1200, "Brett Roberts"
    <> spoke these fine words:

    >Darryl Burling (a Microsoft NZ developer guru) and I (not a Microsoft NZ
    >developer guru) are attending the above this Monday evening. The venue is
    >LAN Place, Level 4, Eagle Technology House, 150 Willis Street and I
    >understand the event kicks off around 7.30pm.
    >
    >It'd be great to put faces to some nz.comp names, have an argument or three,
    >agree to disagree and then put a dent in Darryl's Amex with a few drinks so
    >if you have a quiet evening planned please think about coming along :)
    >
    >Looking forward to seeing some of you there.
    >
    >Brett Roberts
    >Microsoft NZ

    Good on you, Brett.

    Will be interesting whether they can have a mature, intelligent
    debate, or whether they'll put their fingers in their ears and go "Na
    Na Na Na Na, Can't hear you! Na Na Na...."
    H.O.G, Jul 10, 2005
  7. On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:28:50 +1200, someone purporting to be H.O.G didst
    scrawl:

    > On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 23:57:23 +1200, "Brett Roberts"
    > <> spoke these fine words:

    *SNIP*
    > Will be interesting whether they can have a mature, intelligent
    > debate, or whether they'll put their fingers in their ears and go "Na
    > Na Na Na Na, Can't hear you! Na Na Na...."

    Now now, that's not a nice way to be talking about Darryl and Brett. I'm
    sure they're very nice people :p

    Matthew Poole, Jul 10, 2005
  8. Brett Roberts

    Bret Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 14:56:47 +1200, Matthew Poole <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:28:50 +1200, someone purporting to be H.O.G didst
    >scrawl:
    >
    >> On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 23:57:23 +1200, "Brett Roberts"
    >> <> spoke these fine words:

    >*SNIP*
    >> Will be interesting whether they can have a mature, intelligent
    >> debate, or whether they'll put their fingers in their ears and go "Na
    >> Na Na Na Na, Can't hear you! Na Na Na...."

    >Now now, that's not a nice way to be talking about Darryl and Brett. I'm
    >sure they're very nice people :p

    Do you think they will still be after the meeting :)
    Bret, Jul 10, 2005
  9. Brett Roberts

    Jessica Hall Guest

    I for one would be pleased to have an interesting, mature and
    intelligent discussion with MS Reps at wellylug =) --- Canllaith, KDE
    Developer & Wellylug member
    Jessica Hall, Jul 10, 2005
  10. Brett Roberts

    H.O.G Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 14:56:47 +1200, Matthew Poole <>
    spoke these fine words:

    >On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:28:50 +1200, someone purporting to be H.O.G didst
    >scrawl:
    >
    >> On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 23:57:23 +1200, "Brett Roberts"
    >> <> spoke these fine words:

    >*SNIP*
    >> Will be interesting whether they can have a mature, intelligent
    >> debate, or whether they'll put their fingers in their ears and go "Na
    >> Na Na Na Na, Can't hear you! Na Na Na...."

    >Now now, that's not a nice way to be talking about Darryl and Brett. I'm
    >sure they're very nice people :p

    LOL...
    H.O.G, Jul 10, 2005
  11. "David Preece" <> wrote in message
    > Brett Roberts wrote:
    >> Darryl Burling (a Microsoft NZ developer guru) and I (not a Microsoft NZ
    >> developer guru) are attending the above this Monday evening. The venue is
    >> LAN Place, Level 4, Eagle Technology House, 150 Willis Street and I
    >> understand the event kicks off around 7.30pm.

    > Yeah, I'm up. See you there.
    >
    > Dave

    Great ! Looking forward to it
    Brett Roberts, Jul 10, 2005
  12. "H.O.G" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 23:57:23 +1200, "Brett Roberts"
    > <> spoke these fine words:
    >
    >>Darryl Burling (a Microsoft NZ developer guru) and I (not a Microsoft NZ
    >>developer guru) are attending the above this Monday evening. The venue is
    >>LAN Place, Level 4, Eagle Technology House, 150 Willis Street and I
    >>understand the event kicks off around 7.30pm.
    >>
    >>It'd be great to put faces to some nz.comp names, have an argument or
    >>three,
    >>agree to disagree and then put a dent in Darryl's Amex with a few drinks
    >>so
    >>if you have a quiet evening planned please think about coming along :)
    >>
    >>Looking forward to seeing some of you there.
    >>
    >>Brett Roberts
    >>Microsoft NZ
    >>

    > Good on you, Brett.
    >
    > Will be interesting whether they can have a mature, intelligent
    > debate, or whether they'll put their fingers in their ears and go "Na
    > Na Na Na Na, Can't hear you! Na Na Na...."

    From many previous experiences I can tell you that the "Na Na Na" group
    makes up only a tiny percentage of the population - I'm looking forward to
    an interesting and enlightening evening

    Cheers
    Brett Roberts, Jul 10, 2005
  13. On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:42:53 +1200, someone purporting to be Brett Roberts
    didst scrawl:

    > "H.O.G" <> wrote in message

    *SNIP*
    >> Will be interesting whether they can have a mature, intelligent
    >> debate, or whether they'll put their fingers in their ears and go "Na
    >> Na Na Na Na, Can't hear you! Na Na Na...."

    > From many previous experiences I can tell you that the "Na Na Na" group
    > makes up only a tiny percentage of the population - I'm looking forward to
    > an interesting and enlightening evening

    So should I be practicing my "Na Na Na" chant, just so that H.O.G won't be
    disappointed by your recounting of the evening's events? :p

    Matthew Poole, Jul 10, 2005