    This Chritsmas." I wonder how they did that, and what I should do (besides
    the obvious of keeping my AV s/w current) to identify the disguised
    viruses, when I'm downloading with P2P music.

    Bluuuue Rajah, Dec 19, 2008

  2. Bluuuue Rajah wrote:
    > I just tried to download Darlele Love's excellent Christmas song, "All
    > Alone This Christmas," with Limewire, and was surprised when it tried to
    > install a virus on my PC. Normally I'm quite adept at distinguishing the
    > thinl disguised viri from the useful content, but this time the malware
    > designers fooled me. They managed to make the file lok like it had the
    > correct length for a three minute pop song, and they managed to translate
    > my search string "nobody alone christmas" into "Darlene Love - All Alone
    > This Chritsmas." I wonder how they did that, and what I should do (besides
    > the obvious of keeping my AV s/w current) to identify the disguised
    > viruses, when I'm downloading with P2P music.

    Would you be so kind to remove 'sci.math' for posts like this?
    Thank you!

    --
    Cheers,
    Herman Jurjus

    Herman Jurjus, Dec 19, 2008

  3. Bluuuue Rajah

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 07:41:15 -1000, wetpixel <>
    wrote:

    >In article <Xns9B79703B96735fdgdfjhsrtg@207.115.17.102>, Bluuuue Rajah
    ><Bluuuuue@Rajah.> wrote:
    >
    >> I just tried to download Darlele Love's excellent Christmas song, "All
    >> Alone This Christmas," with Limewire, and was surprised when it tried to
    >> install a virus on my PC. Normally I'm quite adept at distinguishing the
    >> thinl disguised viri from the useful content, but this time the malware
    >> designers fooled me. They managed to make the file lok like it had the
    >> correct length for a three minute pop song, and they managed to translate
    >> my search string "nobody alone christmas" into "Darlene Love - All Alone
    >> This Chritsmas." I wonder how they did that, and what I should do (besides
    >> the obvious of keeping my AV s/w current) to identify the disguised
    >> viruses, when I'm downloading with P2P music.

    >Do you not understand that getting music that way is illegal?
    >
    >Or that you are required to post _only_ to the correct groups for your
    >question?

    Oh please mister wannabe matlock.
    filesharing is NOT illegal. Courts have said so.
    if it were, the internet would not exist.

    Only the RIAA says it is illegal. Then, they won't even prosecute
    unless they know for a fact you have more 1,000 known copyrighted
    tunes that you did acquire that way.

    Notice the word "copyright"?
    Before you go mouthing off, please read the material at the official
    USA copyright office.

    Then come back and tell me just how illegal obtaining any music that
    way is illegal.

    Then, if that way is illegal, isn't posting the same material to
    youtube just as illegal?

    richard, Dec 19, 2008
  4. Bluuuue Rajah

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:57:22 GMT, Bluuuue Rajah <Bluuuuue@Rajah.>
    wrote:

    >I just tried to download Darlele Love's excellent Christmas song, "All
    >Alone This Christmas," with Limewire, and was surprised when it tried to
    >install a virus on my PC. Normally I'm quite adept at distinguishing the
    >thinl disguised viri from the useful content, but this time the malware
    >designers fooled me. They managed to make the file lok like it had the
    >correct length for a three minute pop song, and they managed to translate
    >my search string "nobody alone christmas" into "Darlene Love - All Alone
    >This Chritsmas." I wonder how they did that, and what I should do (besides
    >the obvious of keeping my AV s/w current) to identify the disguised
    >viruses, when I'm downloading with P2P music.

    Limewire apparently uses a search enging similar to google.
    In which any word in the search string is matched, not just the
    phrase. so it found a match for "alone christmas". you probably didn't
    look closely at the listing.

    When I have done p2p and got plenty of hits, I usually sort the list
    by artist.

    So why go to limewire?
    I found the tune on youtube with no problem.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdvjI9aUqhY
    now rip the mp3 and no virus.

    richard, Dec 19, 2008
  5. Bluuuue Rajah

    smlunatick Guest

    On Dec 19, 3:57 pm, Bluuuue Rajah <Bluuuuue@Rajah.> wrote:
    > I just tried to download Darlele Love's excellent Christmas song, "All
    > Alone This Christmas," with Limewire, and was surprised when it tried to
    > install a virus on my PC.  Normally I'm quite adept at distinguishing the
    > thinl disguised viri from the useful content, but this time the malware
    > designers fooled me.  They managed to make the file lok like it had the
    > correct length for a three minute pop song, and they managed to translate
    > my search string "nobody alone christmas" into "Darlene Love - All Alone
    > This Chritsmas."  I wonder how they did that, and what I should do (besides
    > the obvious of keeping my AV s/w current) to identify the disguised
    > viruses, when I'm downloading with P2P music.

    It has been widely published, on the news, that a lot of P2P networks
    are riddled with viruses. Some even "pushed" by the RIAA in hopes of
    getting back the details of those who share copyright materials so
    they can go after them in the courts.

    smlunatick, Dec 19, 2008
  6. Bluuuue Rajah

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:59:30 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Oh please mister wannabe matlock.
    >filesharing is NOT illegal. Courts have said so.

    Yeah it is. Why don't you share a few hundred movies and let us know
    how it works out for you?

    >if it were, the internet would not exist.

    Oh, that statement makes sense. If guns could be used to kill people,
    and killing people is illegal, guns wouldn't exist, right?

    >Only the RIAA says it is illegal.

    Gee, good enough for me.

    >Then, they won't even prosecute
    >unless they know for a fact you have more 1,000 known copyrighted
    >tunes that you did acquire that way.

    Because it's not worth their time. That doesn't mean it's not illegal.

    >Notice the word "copyright"?
    >Before you go mouthing off, please read the material at the official
    >USA copyright office.

    Sounds like you need to read it too.

    >Then come back and tell me just how illegal obtaining any music that
    >way is illegal.
    >
    >Then, if that way is illegal, isn't posting the same material to
    >youtube just as illegal?

    Yes.

    I've had a few youtube videos deleted because they violated copyright.
    Most were short clips and I likely could have argued fair use / parody
    rights, but it's not worth my time.

    Evan Platt, Dec 19, 2008
  7. Bluuuue Rajah

    zvnteq7 Guest

    Bluuuue Rajah wrote:
    > I just tried to download Darlele Love's excellent Christmas song, "All
    > Alone This Christmas," with Limewire, and was surprised when it tried to
    > install a virus on my PC. Normally I'm quite adept at distinguishing the
    > thinl disguised viri from the useful content, but this time the malware
    > designers fooled me. They managed to make the file lok like it had the
    > correct length for a three minute pop song, and they managed to translate
    > my search string "nobody alone christmas" into "Darlene Love - All Alone
    > This Chritsmas." I wonder how they did that, and what I should do (besides
    > the obvious of keeping my AV s/w current) to identify the disguised
    > viruses, when I'm downloading with P2P music.

    download Souleek and use that instead, I've never encountered a virus.

    zvnteq7, Dec 19, 2008
  8. Bluuuue Rajah

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <191220080741150411%> wetpixel
    <> was claimed to have wrote:

    >Do you not understand that getting music that way is illegal?

    That depends on your jurisdiction. The supreme court has ruled that
    downloading music from the internet is legal here, and is an exception
    to copyright law.

    My "here" is probably different then yours, but assuming you're in the
    US, just remember that we're bigger, we're on top, and we still have our
    freedoms up here.

    DevilsPGD, Dec 19, 2008
  9. smlunatick <> wrote in

    > On Dec 19, 3:57 pm, Bluuuue Rajah <Bluuuuue@Rajah.> wrote:
    >> I just tried to download Darlele Love's excellent Christmas song,
    >> "All Alone This Christmas," with Limewire, and was surprised when it
    >> tried to install a virus on my PC.  Normally I'm quite adept at
    >> distinguishing t

    > he
    >> thinl disguised viri from the useful content, but this time the
    >> malware designers fooled me.  They managed to make the file lok like
    >> it had the correct length for a three minute pop song, and they
    >> managed to translate my search string "nobody alone christmas" into
    >> "Darlene Love - All Alone This Chritsmas."  I wonder how they did
    >> that, and what I should do (bes

    > ides
    >> the obvious of keeping my AV s/w current) to identify the disguised
    >> viruses, when I'm downloading with P2P music.

    > It has been widely published, on the news, that a lot of P2P networks
    > are riddled with viruses. Some even "pushed" by the RIAA in hopes of
    > getting back the details of those who share copyright materials so
    > they can go after them in the courts.

    If that's the case, they've opened themselves up to jail time, and it
    just reinforces everybody's opionion that the RIAA are a bunch of
    criminals who were stealing from us, before P2P came along and allowed
    us to return the favor.

    Bluuuue Rajah, Dec 19, 2008
  10. richard <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:57:22 GMT, Bluuuue Rajah <Bluuuuue@Rajah.>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>I just tried to download Darlele Love's excellent Christmas song, "All
    >>Alone This Christmas," with Limewire, and was surprised when it tried
    >>to install a virus on my PC. Normally I'm quite adept at
    >>distinguishing the thinl disguised viri from the useful content, but
    >>this time the malware designers fooled me. They managed to make the
    >>file lok like it had the correct length for a three minute pop song,
    >>and they managed to translate my search string "nobody alone
    >>christmas" into "Darlene Love - All Alone This Chritsmas." I wonder
    >>how they did that, and what I should do (besides the obvious of
    >>keeping my AV s/w current) to identify the disguised viruses, when I'm
    >>downloading with P2P music.

    > Limewire apparently uses a search enging similar to google.
    > In which any word in the search string is matched, not just the
    > phrase. so it found a match for "alone christmas". you probably didn't
    > look closely at the listing.

    Apparently you didn't look closely at my post, because I addressed this
    issue.

    > When I have done p2p and got plenty of hits, I usually sort the list
    > by artist.
    >
    > So why go to limewire?
    > I found the tune on youtube with no problem.
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdvjI9aUqhY
    > now rip the mp3 and no virus.

    Since when does Youtube post naked audio, with no attached video track?

    Bluuuue Rajah, Dec 19, 2008
  11. Bluuuue Rajah

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:37:56 -0800, DevilsPGD
    <> wrote:

    >In message <191220080741150411%> wetpixel
    ><> was claimed to have wrote:
    >
    >>Do you not understand that getting music that way is illegal?

    >That depends on your jurisdiction. The supreme court has ruled that
    >downloading music from the internet is legal here, and is an exception
    >to copyright law.
    >
    >My "here" is probably different then yours, but assuming you're in the
    >US, just remember that we're bigger, we're on top, and we still have our
    >freedoms up here.

    Well the RIAA hasn't been hampered by that decision in the least.
    They continue to harass and bully people with threats of a lawsuit if
    they don't pay up.

    Then you have legitimate sources like itunes and rhapsody where you
    can download that same music "legally" simply because you paid a few
    pennies?
    I'd say that's one hell of a bargain. You go to a store, you are
    forced to buy a $20 CD just for one song. Isn't the artist getting
    ripped off here?
    Isn't that what the lawsuits are all about? Getting the money into the
    artist's hands?

    I remember years ago watching the movie about Glenn Miller. He was
    explaining to his father how it worked. He, miller, got 5 cents for
    every record sold.

    So now today we have itunes selling that same music at royally
    discounted prices and the artists probably ain't even seeing a penny
    of it. That's what I'd be bitchin about. You sell my stuff, you pay
    me.

    richard, Dec 19, 2008
  12. Bluuuue Rajah

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:29:18 -0800, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:59:30 -0500, richard <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Oh please mister wannabe matlock.
    >>filesharing is NOT illegal. Courts have said so.

    >Yeah it is. Why don't you share a few hundred movies and let us know
    >how it works out for you?
    >
    >>if it were, the internet would not exist.

    >Oh, that statement makes sense. If guns could be used to kill people,
    >and killing people is illegal, guns wouldn't exist, right?
    >
    >>Only the RIAA says it is illegal.

    >Gee, good enough for me.
    >
    >>Then, they won't even prosecute
    >>unless they know for a fact you have more 1,000 known copyrighted
    >>tunes that you did acquire that way.

    >Because it's not worth their time. That doesn't mean it's not illegal.
    >
    >>Notice the word "copyright"?
    >>Before you go mouthing off, please read the material at the official
    >>USA copyright office.

    >Sounds like you need to read it too.
    >
    >>Then come back and tell me just how illegal obtaining any music that
    >>way is illegal.
    >>
    >>Then, if that way is illegal, isn't posting the same material to
    >>youtube just as illegal?

    >Yes.
    >
    >I've had a few youtube videos deleted because they violated copyright.
    >Most were short clips and I likely could have argued fair use / parody
    >rights, but it's not worth my time.

    Yes Mr. Platt I have read the copyright law. There are provisions that
    allow YOU, the owner of the copyrighted material to "give" copyrighted
    material to others. What you cannot do legally is, sell copies. That
    will get you busted.

    I'm sure you've seen a few hundred websites that post lyrics of
    copyrighted songs right?
    Technically, the words are as copyrighted as the music is.
    Is it legal to print the lyrics like that?
    Yes it is if you have written permission or the copyright holder
    grants "fair use".
    Even then, there are some legal uses here.

    The main reason the RIAA isn't going after youtube is probably because
    there is nothing that can track the downloaders with.
    But you watch, they'll start hitting youtube and other sources that
    allow free access.

    richard, Dec 19, 2008
  13. Bluuuue Rajah

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 19:19:05 GMT, Bluuuue Rajah <Bluuuuue@Rajah.>
    wrote:

    >richard <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:57:22 GMT, Bluuuue Rajah <Bluuuuue@Rajah.>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I just tried to download Darlele Love's excellent Christmas song, "All
    >>>Alone This Christmas," with Limewire, and was surprised when it tried
    >>>to install a virus on my PC. Normally I'm quite adept at
    >>>distinguishing the thinl disguised viri from the useful content, but
    >>>this time the malware designers fooled me. They managed to make the
    >>>file lok like it had the correct length for a three minute pop song,
    >>>and they managed to translate my search string "nobody alone
    >>>christmas" into "Darlene Love - All Alone This Chritsmas." I wonder
    >>>how they did that, and what I should do (besides the obvious of
    >>>keeping my AV s/w current) to identify the disguised viruses, when I'm
    >>>downloading with P2P music.

    >> Limewire apparently uses a search enging similar to google.
    >> In which any word in the search string is matched, not just the
    >> phrase. so it found a match for "alone christmas". you probably didn't
    >> look closely at the listing.

    >Apparently you didn't look closely at my post, because I addressed this
    >issue.
    >
    >> When I have done p2p and got plenty of hits, I usually sort the list
    >> by artist.
    >>
    >> So why go to limewire?
    >> I found the tune on youtube with no problem.
    >>
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdvjI9aUqhY
    >> now rip the mp3 and no virus.

    >Since when does Youtube post naked audio, with no attached video track?

    Suggest then you head on over to www.youtubecatcher.com and find out
    how easy it is to do.

    richard, Dec 19, 2008
  14. Bluuuue Rajah

    John Holmes Guest

    richard "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:29:18 -0800, Evan Platt
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:59:30 -0500, richard <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Oh please mister wannabe matlock.
    >>>filesharing is NOT illegal. Courts have said so.

    >>Yeah it is. Why don't you share a few hundred movies and let us know
    >>how it works out for you?
    >>
    >>>if it were, the internet would not exist.

    >>Oh, that statement makes sense. If guns could be used to kill people,
    >>and killing people is illegal, guns wouldn't exist, right?
    >>
    >>>Only the RIAA says it is illegal.

    >>Gee, good enough for me.
    >>
    >>>Then, they won't even prosecute
    >>>unless they know for a fact you have more 1,000 known copyrighted
    >>>tunes that you did acquire that way.

    >>Because it's not worth their time. That doesn't mean it's not illegal.
    >>
    >>>Notice the word "copyright"?
    >>>Before you go mouthing off, please read the material at the official
    >>>USA copyright office.

    >>Sounds like you need to read it too.
    >>
    >>>Then come back and tell me just how illegal obtaining any music that
    >>>way is illegal.
    >>>
    >>>Then, if that way is illegal, isn't posting the same material to
    >>>youtube just as illegal?

    >>Yes.
    >>
    >>I've had a few youtube videos deleted because they violated copyright.
    >>Most were short clips and I likely could have argued fair use / parody
    >>rights, but it's not worth my time.

    > Yes Mr. Platt I have read the copyright law. There are provisions that
    > allow YOU, the owner of the copyrighted material to "give" copyrighted
    > material to others. What you cannot do legally is, sell copies. That
    > will get you busted.
    >
    > I'm sure you've seen a few hundred websites that post lyrics of
    > copyrighted songs right?
    > Technically, the words are as copyrighted as the music is.
    > Is it legal to print the lyrics like that?
    > Yes it is if you have written permission or the copyright holder
    > grants "fair use".
    > Even then, there are some legal uses here.
    >
    > The main reason the RIAA isn't going after youtube is probably because
    > there is nothing that can track the downloaders with.
    > But you watch, they'll start hitting youtube and other sources that
    > allow free access.

    Ignore Evan Platt, please. If this guy were any more stupid, he'd have to
    be watered twice a week.

    HTH

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Dec 19, 2008
  15. John Holmes wrote:
    > richard "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:29:18 -0800, Evan Platt
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Yeah it is. Why don't you share a few hundred movies and let us know
    >>> how it works out for you?

    >>> Oh, that statement makes sense. If guns could be used to kill
    >>> people, and killing people is illegal, guns wouldn't exist, right?

    >>> Gee, good enough for me.

    >>> Because it's not worth their time. That doesn't mean it's not
    >>> illegal.

    >>> Sounds like you need to read it too.

    >>> Yes.
    >>>
    >>> I've had a few youtube videos deleted because they violated
    >>> copyright. Most were short clips and I likely could have argued
    >>> fair use / parody rights, but it's not worth my time.

    >> Yes Mr. Platt I have read the copyright law.

    In the sense that I can read French, although, these days, I only
    understand about one word in ten.

    >> There are provisions
    >> that allow YOU, the owner of the copyrighted material to "give"
    >> copyrighted material to others. What you cannot do legally is, sell
    >> copies. That will get you busted.

    <beats head against wall>

    >> I'm sure you've seen a few hundred websites that post lyrics of
    >> copyrighted songs right?
    >> Technically, the words are as copyrighted as the music is.

    Technically?

    >> Is it legal to print the lyrics like that?
    >> Yes it is if you have written permission or the copyright holder
    >> grants "fair use".

    A copyright holder does not "grant" fair use, Richard.

    >> Even then, there are some legal uses here.
    >>
    >> The main reason the RIAA isn't going after youtube is probably
    >> because there is nothing that can track the downloaders with.
    >> But you watch, they'll start hitting youtube and other sources that
    >> allow free access.
    >>

    > Ignore Evan Platt, please. If this guy were any more stupid, he'd
    > have to be watered twice a week.
    >
    > HTH

    I didn't think there was anyone stupider than Bullis.

    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

    "You know you can indict a ham sandwich if you want to."
    William J. Martini, Judge, United States District Court

    Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries, Dec 19, 2008
  16. Bluuuue Rajah

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:17:48 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Yes Mr. Platt I have read the copyright law.

    Well, Mr. Stupid, it doesn't appear you have.

    >There are provisions that allow YOU, the owner of the copyrighted material to "give" copyrighted
    >material to others.

    You mean me? I'm not an owner of the copyrighted material.
    Technically, I'm a owner of a license to have the copyrighted
    material. The owner of the copyrighted material is the owner - ie
    Warner Brothers, etc.

    Show me where it says I can give away copies of copyrighted material.
    Please.

    >What you cannot do legally is, sell copies. That will get you busted.

    Selling or giving away are both illegal.

    >I'm sure you've seen a few hundred websites that post lyrics of
    >copyrighted songs right?

    Yes. Some get shut down. (being facetious) You also see hundreds of
    websites showing illegal porn. Does that make it legal?

    >Technically, the words are as copyrighted as the music is.

    Anything you write is copyrighted.

    >Is it legal to print the lyrics like that?

    No.

    >Yes it is if you have written permission or the copyright holder
    >grants "fair use".

    Uhhh duh?

    >Even then, there are some legal uses here.
    >
    >The main reason the RIAA isn't going after youtube is probably because
    >there is nothing that can track the downloaders with.
    >But you watch, they'll start hitting youtube and other sources that
    >allow free access.

    They already have.

    Evan Platt, Dec 19, 2008
  17. Bluuuue Rajah

    John Holmes Guest

    Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes wrote:
    >> richard "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Yes Mr. Platt I have read the copyright law.

    > In the sense that I can read French, although, these days, I only
    > understand about one word in ten.
    >
    >>> There are provisions
    >>> that allow YOU, the owner of the copyrighted material to "give"
    >>> copyrighted material to others. What you cannot do legally is, sell
    >>> copies. That will get you busted.

    > <beats head against wall>
    >
    >>> I'm sure you've seen a few hundred websites that post lyrics of
    >>> copyrighted songs right?
    >>> Technically, the words are as copyrighted as the music is.

    > Technically?
    >
    >>> Is it legal to print the lyrics like that?
    >>> Yes it is if you have written permission or the copyright holder
    >>> grants "fair use".

    > A copyright holder does not "grant" fair use, Richard.
    >
    >>> Even then, there are some legal uses here.
    >>>
    >>> The main reason the RIAA isn't going after youtube is probably
    >>> because there is nothing that can track the downloaders with.
    >>> But you watch, they'll start hitting youtube and other sources that
    >>> allow free access.
    >>>

    >> Ignore Evan Platt, please. If this guy were any more stupid, he'd
    >> have to be watered twice a week.
    >>
    >> HTH

    > I didn't think there was anyone stupider than Bullis.

    Bullis is stupid, but well, you've met Evan Platt now. I'm not sure
    whether he or Mike Easter, or Bullis is the most stupid. I vote:

    1> Evan Platt and Mike Easter
    2> Bullis
    3> Chucktard
    4> Chaudry the Sick ****

    HTH

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Dec 19, 2008
  18. Bluuuue Rajah

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:10:54 -0600, "Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries"
    <> wrote:

    >A copyright holder does not "grant" fair use, Richard.

    Oh? And then you'll tell me that people aren't granted sovereignty
    either?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5xVRXLgLxw&feature=related

    Wow, that reminds me of richard..

    Evan Platt, Dec 19, 2008
  19. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:10:54 -0600, "Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> A copyright holder does not "grant" fair use, Richard.

    > Oh? And then you'll tell me that people aren't granted sovereignty
    > either?

    I guess John's right; you are stupider than Richard the Stupid.

    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5xVRXLgLxw&feature=related
    >
    > Wow, that reminds me of richard..

    <projection>

    Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries, Dec 19, 2008
  20. John Holmes wrote:
    > Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> John Holmes wrote:
    >>> richard "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >> In the sense that I can read French, although, these days, I only
    >> understand about one word in ten.

    >> <beats head against wall>

    >> Technically?

    >> A copyright holder does not "grant" fair use, Richard.

    >>> Ignore Evan Platt, please. If this guy were any more stupid, he'd
    >>> have to be watered twice a week.
    >>>
    >>> HTH

    >> I didn't think there was anyone stupider than Bullis.
    >>

    > Bullis is stupid, but well, you've met Evan Platt now.

    Well, I actually "met" him a long time ago, but only now do I see how
    stupid he really is.

    > I'm not sure
    > whether he or Mike Easter, or Bullis is the most stupid. I vote:
    >
    > 1> Evan Platt and Mike Easter

    Well, as for ME, what do you expect from a guy whose chooses a nym that
    means "my ass"?

    > 2> Bullis

    Dumb as a box of rocks, I'll tell ya.

    > 3> Chucktard
    > 4> Chaudry the Sick ****

    I don't read their posts, so I wouldn't know.

    > HTH

    You're always helpful, John. :)

    Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries, Dec 19, 2008