    Once again thanks.

    One day Wales is going to beat you at rugby, but as I am 59 now I am not too
    optimistic of being there!
    nobody760, Sep 9, 2003

  2. nobody760

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "nobody760" <> wrote in message
    news:bjjua3$1gd$...
    > Many thanks to this News Group - under various names I have received

    nothing
    > but curtesy, helpfulness and knowledgable advice. I live in the UK. Of
    > course this is the WWW and you NZ'ers speak English.
    >
    > I have also posted stuff on alt.os.windows-xp, it appears that most

    posters
    > are American. The sarcasm and abuse is disgraceful. It reflects very badly
    > on Americans - most of whom that I have met personally are very polite
    > people.
    >
    > Everybody has to start somewhere and you don't need nasty remarks pointing
    > out your novice status.
    >
    > Once again thanks.
    >
    > One day Wales is going to beat you at rugby, but as I am 59 now I am not

    too
    > optimistic of being there!

    Good on you, sport.
    There's no point being too serious in the newsgroups.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Sep 9, 2003

  3. nobody760

    Gordon Guest

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:13:04 +1200, E. Scrooge wrote:

    > There's no point being too serious in the newsgroups.

    True, nobody else is.

    --
    Gordon

    Google knows where to find things, ask at http://www.google.com
    Works for me, will work for you, so be it.
    Gordon, Sep 9, 2003
  4. nobody760

    AD. Guest

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 08:09:06 +0100, nobody760 wrote:

    > I have also posted stuff on alt.os.windows-xp, it appears that most posters
    > are American. The sarcasm and abuse is disgraceful. It reflects very badly
    > on Americans - most of whom that I have met personally are very polite
    > people.

    To be fair that was an alt group - flames and trolling are using the
    point in those groups. The comp.sys groups are usually much better behaved
    with more technical expertise.

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Sep 9, 2003