Welcome Kits

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Montreal MCT, Jun 9, 2007.

  1. Montreal MCT

    Montreal MCT Guest

    So I received my Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) Welcome kit
    yesterday. In truth it probably came a few days earlier but I have been
    traveling.

    If my math is good it is my seventh welcome kit in four years (if you don't
    count the multiple welcome kits I received for MCSA 2003). All in all it is
    not a bad one... The cert itself is similar to the ones introduced last July
    with a strip along the middle. I think the burgundy colour scheme makes a
    big difference over the light blue stripe.

    As for the card it is the first one that I have that has two logos on it...
    MCTS and MCITP. The card isn't bad looking, but still not as nice as the
    much older ones. What is missing though is the complete list of
    certifications so that only one wallet card is required (as much as it
    really IS required)... As I only plan to carry a single card I will stick
    to the one with MCT and MCSA on it, though an all-inclusive MCT/MCITP/MVP
    card would be nice!

    And while we're discussing welcome kits, bring back the lapel pins. I used
    to wear the MCSA one, but would love to have one for MCDST, MCT, MCTS, and
    MCITP... just for my collection.

    All in all I'll give the kit a 7... the pin would make it an 8 and the
    improved card would make it an 8.5... the certificate still needs work, but
    if they rework it every July then it's coming! :)

    Montreal MCT, Jun 9, 2007

  2. Montreal MCT

    Cerebrus Guest

    Congrats, Mitch ! Nice collection you got there... *envious look* ;-)

    Cerebrus, Jun 11, 2007

  3. The MCTS credentials are frankly ugly (both card and cert).

    I havent bothered to post it on my wall with my other MCSE Security/MCSE
    Messaging/MCSE/MCSA/MCP and third party certs. it frankly is uglier than any
    of them. I think when I put it up, I might eventually drop it in the corner
    next to the book case where I can see it from my desk but you cant see it
    walking in my office.

    Ill have to wait for my MCITP to find out how that one compares.
    --
    Wayne Anderson

    =?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgQW5kZXJzb24=?=, Jun 14, 2007
  4. Oh, and while I am on the subject, another thing that irks me about the new
    MCTS paper credential is that it simply says you have earned the MCTS, it
    doesnt actually say what in.
    --
    Wayne Anderson

    =?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgQW5kZXJzb24=?=, Jun 14, 2007