    the MCDST with the address supplied for my MCP (still waiting on its
    arrival......) and that's why there is no "click to mail" option.

    Allan
    Allan, Feb 27, 2006

  2. Allan

    Allan Guest

    Opps, looks like I overlooked a post from a day or two ago with a partial
    answer. It appears that I have to request a MCDST kit. No option is
    available on the site yet for my profile, maybe it needs another day to
    update.

    Allan, Feb 27, 2006

  3. Allan

    Lasher Guest

    "Allan" <> wrote in news::

    > Opps, looks like I overlooked a post from a day or two ago with a
    > partial answer. It appears that I have to request a MCDST kit. No
    > option is available on the site yet for my profile, maybe it needs
    > another day to update.

    If it hasn't updated within 2 weeks, call the MCP Help line.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    Lasher, Feb 28, 2006
  4. Allan

    Allan Guest

    Thanks Lasher. Here's the situation for any new Microsoft test takers.

    I took and passed the test on saturday morning. About 24 hours later on
    Sunday afternoon the website was updated showing I passed the test. 24 hours
    later on Monday my profile was updated again with a link to request my new
    MCDST certification kit.

    It takes a good 48 - 72 hours for the site to update to reflect your new
    status. I was impatient and excited. Now I will wait and wait for my two
    kits (MCP + MCDST) to arrive.

    Allan

    Allan, Feb 28, 2006
  5. Allan

    Porkchop Guest

    Allan, where did you find this link to request your MCDST Welcome Kit? I
    passed several weeks ago, and expected the MCDST Kit to be shipped
    automatically, because all my info had been verified previously during the
    MCP requests. Does the link go away after a while if I didn't use it? It
    just slipped my mind, but I would like to add that document to my personal
    file. Plus, it'll rub my boss the wrong way, and that can't be all bad. :)
    Thanks!

    "Allan" wrote:

    *CLIP*
    > I took and passed the test on saturday morning. About 24 hours later on
    > Sunday afternoon the website was updated showing I passed the test. 24 hours
    > later on Monday my profile was updated again with a link to request my new
    > MCDST certification kit.

    *CLIP*
    Porkchop, Feb 28, 2006
  6. Allan

    Lasher Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?UG9ya2Nob3A=?=" <> wrote in

    > where did you find this link to request your MCDST Welcome Kit?

    The exact same place you found your MCP Welcome Kit.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    Lasher, Feb 28, 2006
  7. Allan

    Allan Guest

    Hey Porkchop

    Lasher pretty much answered the question. It is in the same section of the
    MCP member site as you clicked to request your MCP welcome kit. When you
    click the welcome kit link a page will load to reconfirm your mailing
    address and a "click to send" button should appear. If you can't find it in
    your profile, maybe contact someone at Microsoft.

    Allan, Mar 1, 2006