Weirdness with FireFox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Drude, Feb 19, 2005.

  1. Drude

    Drude Guest

    Hi

    I've just installed a new soundcard and speakers on my system, and have
    found that, when I use Firefox, it interferes with the audio...?

    When web pages load, when images load, when TBird starts up, when
    closing FF or Tbird... these all cause WMP to stutter and cut out
    briefly.

    I've exhaustedly checked every other program on my PC, and no other
    programs (Including IE and TBird), are interfering in any way with the
    sound.

    I've also tested this with WinAmp...exact same thing happens.

    I think that this 'Memory Leak' thing with FF, which I've always not
    taken seriously, is finally showing itself on my system. No other
    program drains memory like FF does, and I think it's causing a conflict
    in some way with my sound card.

    (IE stands on the corner and motions to me, winking...)

    -Drude
    Drude, Feb 19, 2005

  2. Drude

    Drude Guest

    In article <MPG.1c806abaa251a10a98968e@shawnews>, says...
    > I've exhaustedly checked every other program on my PC, and no other
    > programs (Including IE and TBird), are interfering in any way with the
    > sound.

    I meant to say 'Including IE and OE...

    -Drude
    Drude, Feb 19, 2005

  3. > > I've exhaustedly checked every other program on my PC, and no other

    > > programs (Including IE and OE), are interfering in any way with the

    > > sound.

    I've had a similar problem with my CD drive. Similar? probably not.
    Go in your computer and take the gray four-pronged cable joining your
    cd drive to
    something out. If this helps, respond back.
    Thanks,
    Poly-poly man
    Poly-poly man, Feb 19, 2005