weird stuff..

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by dojodirectory.co.uk, Jun 30, 2005.

  1. ok.. i just been trying to get my new wi-fi zyxel phone working with
    sipgate and i can only get 0800 numbers to work. any 'normal' 01 or
    02 or 07 number results in a recorded message in german.

    there are no ports forwarded, there is no Upnp, there is no DMZ setting
    and it still works for 0800 numbers. I do have the sipgate STUN
    server configured in the phone. i cannot recive calls at all.

    now, can any techie explain why 0800 should work and not the others (i
    do have credit on my account).

    So then i thought i would try my budgetone 102. and i have some
    strange issues there too. It works if i use DHCP and it dont work
    if i manually configure THE SAME addresses statically. I dont know
    why this is but i dont like it.

    furthermore, I can make and receive calls to any number no probs. oh,
    there is no forwarding of any kind and no DMZ set.. i do have the sip
    stun server set.

    i just find it a bit weird and i dont like weird.

    i dont know how i will get my zyxel handset to work for normal
    numbers and i dont know why my budgetone 102 insists on a dynamic
    address when i want to give him a static one.

    :-( any ideas?

    dojodirectory.co.uk, Jun 30, 2005

  2. dojodirectory.co.uk

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "dojodirectory.co.uk" <> wrote in message
    > ok.. i just been trying to get my new wi-fi zyxel phone working
    > with sipgate and i can only get 0800 numbers to work. any
    > 'normal' 01 or 02 or 07 number results in a recorded message in
    > german.
    >
    > there are no ports forwarded, there is no Upnp, there is no DMZ
    > setting and it still works for 0800 numbers. I do have the sipgate
    > STUN server configured in the phone. i cannot recive calls at all.

    Set the DMZ to the phone's IP address. Some phones/ATA's require it.

    > now, can any techie explain why 0800 should work and not the others
    > (i do have credit on my account).

    There you have me beat..!

    > So then i thought i would try my budgetone 102. and i have some
    > strange issues there too. It works if i use DHCP and it dont
    > work if i manually configure THE SAME addresses statically. I dont
    > know why this is but i dont like it.
    >
    > furthermore, I can make and receive calls to any number no probs. oh,
    > there is no forwarding of any kind and no DMZ set.. i do have the
    > sip stun server set.
    >
    > i just find it a bit weird and i dont like weird.
    >
    > i dont know how i will get my zyxel handset to work for normal
    > numbers and i dont know why my budgetone 102 insists on a dynamic
    > address when i want to give him a static one.
    >
    > :-( any ideas?

    All I can suggest is set the DMZ. My Sipura SPA-2000 won't work without
    this, even though it should.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 30, 2005

  3. dojodirectory.co.uk

    Martin² Guest

    Dojo:
    >It works if i use DHCP and it dont work if i manually configure
    >THE SAME addresses statically. I dont know why this is but i dont
    >like it.

    Presumably you would need to forward the necessary ports to match the static
    address ?
    I have Zyxel 2602HWL VoIP router set for sipgate & voipbuster.
    I presume the settings would be the same, the Zyxel browser interface is bit
    weird,
    took me a while to get voipbuster to work.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Jul 1, 2005