Weird problem with Wireless Cisco APs and repeater

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Pampheebs, Jun 10, 2004.

  1. Pampheebs

    Pampheebs Guest

    Hi:

    Due to lackage of 802.3 points I've had to set up this scheme:

    Cisco AP1200 (root) ---------> Cisco AP1200 (repeater 1) ---------> Cisco
    350 (repeater 2)
    (WEP keys activated in all of them)

    This setup doesn't beheave properly. If I associate to repeater 2, I cannot
    ping neither repeater 1 nor root. But if I associate with root I can ping
    both of them (so Cisco 350 seems to work, at least the 802.3 I/F) , and the
    same situation repeats when associate with repeater 1. If I change repeater
    2 by another AP1200 everything works fine.

    Any clue? Although I still have to make some deeper analisys in the lab
    sniffing traffic it seems to me that Cisco 350 is not able to work as a
    repeater from another repeater but I haven't found such a limitation on
    Cisco's specs.

    Thanks in advance for your help
    Pampheebs, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Pampheebs

    mh Guest

    Do you have "dot11 arp-cache" configured; if so remove it

    BTW the dot11 arp-cache feature is supported on repeater by the
    12.2(15)JA release
    mh, Jun 11, 2004